Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I have a 2jz gte vvti in my car and I just got a mines tuned ecu. I also have a Borg Warner s362,walbro 255 and fpr. Injectors are stock 440s.....how much boost do you guys think I can safely run? Also does anybody have experiences with this ecu?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I had one.. I ran it on stock twins at 1.1 bar. When i went single (PTE6466), it did not go well with the Mines ecu, it was leaning out quick. I ran up to 12 psi and it was lean so i sold it for a standalone. That said, the fuel pump and injectors play a role how much boost you can run. But that ecu runs leaner than stock.

I suggest an upgraded fuel pump at minimum and start from 12 psi and work your way up with an A/F gauge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that... But my situation is diff... I'm running afrs of 10.0-10.5 @ wot at any boost level that I've tried ( from 12-20)....I'm just not sure if running at 18 is safe

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Thanks for that... But my situation is diff... I'm running afrs of 10.0-10.5 @ wot at any boost level that I've tried ( from 12-20)....I'm just not sure if running at 18 is safe
The amount of boost you run depends on the octane in your fuel. 18 psi on 93 octane is fine if your fuel system is keeping up. Although i find it hard to believe that you have 10.5 a/f at 20 psi boost with 440cc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it strange as well...but that's what happens.. So as lonng as my afrs are in that zone I should be safe running that amount of boost??...what fuel pressure I should run? It's on 40psi on idle with vacuum connected currently

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Mine's used to provide a tuning service for the stock ECUs and each one could be different depending on the owner's setup. Granted, they may have had several templates to use, but it isn't easy finding out how your particular ECU was tuned. When you see a Mine's sticker on a stock ECU, just remember that it was tuned to work for a specific setup. It's like buying a used ProEFI and expecting the previous owner's map to work just fine for you.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
OP, I find it very hard to believe that you're running that rich on 440cc injector at 20psi of boost on that turbo. You've exceeded your fuel capabilities based on your injector size. How are you reading your A/F? Do you have a wideband sensor or just a dummy Autometer gauge that goes into the green everytime you accelerate?

R.K.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I run a mines ecu with an emanage and 750cc injectors. Ive only given it a half arsed tune but works fine. Leans out to about 12 at wot 17 psi 7200rpm. No knock so i just leave it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
OP, I'd suggest checking your O2 sensor just in case! I'm running a S366 with a TOMS ECU for a 2JZ-GTE VVTi on stock fuel with just an upgraded fuel pump (Walbro) and at anything over 14psi I'm seeing AFRs in the 12:5 range at WOT so I've put it down to 13psi where I see 10:1 AFR at full tilt.

Be very careful you do not destroy your motor by pushing it that far. One of two ways you can do this...buy a standalone, drop-in injectors or full fuel kit and up the boost or stick to 13psi on the stock fuel system until you can do the former.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Proefi 128 > Haltech Elite > AEM Infinity

1 - 13 of 13 Posts