Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bouncing off the rev limiter the whole time, is that normal? I hear people be like shifting up to 3rd and shit. Whenever I try to upshift, the car loses it's power and the burnout stops. So basically I was in first the whole time, you can hear that shit redlines like crazy.

Nothing special like a smoke show or anything. On another note, my friend's NA lit up pretty well, it was a pile of white smoke; wish he can grab that shit off his camera and stick it on here too.

http://home.comcast.net/~michaelvanle/burnout1.mpg

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Should have shifted gears... its still cool. I could light mine up easy on the bottle through a couple of gears, no reason why you couldnt

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I'm not a pro in burnouts of any kind. I did a few burnouts before this. As I start to shift into 2nd the tires ain't spinning no more, I guess cause I pressed in the clutch. Is there a trick to go from 1st to 2nd and still spin or something?

·
Vengeance is mine
907 Posts
Shift faster, seriously, ....if you are losing enough power for the wheels to stop spinning into second you may not be shifting fast enough... you have to try and stay in boost, Also when you first start doing the burnout you dont have to bounce it off the limiter try to modulate the throttle a little but, once you get the hang of it you should be able to keep them spinning without banging off the limiter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very cool! not bad for a n/a :p

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
played fine for me....

Nice burnout...should turned the wheel and fishtailed a bit ;)

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SupaSupraSE said:
Yeah I did the ultimate of all burnouts the other day...

Forest fire x 10... I have to figure out how to host the video....
I'll host anything under 25MB for you.

-----

As for the thuckers who can't get it to play, I'll make another one in .avi and see if that works for yous.

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
god damn.......you love to abuse that engine dont you?? you redlined more in that 12 seconds then my car has been in the last 10 years......lol....nice though, like said, you dont need to rev to limiter and pop the clutch......i have an NA and i could break them loose at 4 thousand not poping my clutch.........as for shitfing......yuou just have to do it faster....so just keep practicing i gues....nice vid

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Michaelvanie- very nice vid bro... now get of vid of that bov for me!! hehe i need to hear that thing =P , because still deciding weather to keep it ,wasteing my time or hear it 1st so i would know if i would like it .. if not i will switch over to hks ssqv

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
SupaSupraSE said:
Yeah I did the ultimate of all burnouts the other day...

Forest fire x 10... I have to figure out how to host the video....
Thats what im talkin about ! I did one so good way back on the turbo civic the mud flaps caught fire which turned into a napalm type substance and cought other stuff on fire, apparently was still on fire when I pulled up to a stop light. Lady says hey your cars smoking :bigthumb:

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DTSupra30 said:
why dont hold your brakes......

Matt
I was kinda holding it at the beginning. I saw that it was bouncing off rev limiter like crazy, I got scared and let off the brake to let to car go and hope it'll grab and stop redlining.

At that point, I was more interested in not redlining then smoking the tires :/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts