Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hey guys my cousin and i are installing the new engine soon. and i would like to do some minor mods to make atleast 40-50 hp maybe even more. well he has a custom 3" hks downpipe and thats is for now. but i would like to do and intercooler with some nice piping but not to sure on what to use. what else can i do, i plan to do the exhuast any ideas on what size to use?? 2.5-3"???? i will be boosting up in a year or two for sure. i would like to get some minor mods in also. he has taken out a 10k loan and he has paint and body work so say take 4 grand off (priecs in canadian) and then 1000 to get it running with exhaust and what ever else with clutch. but that leaves 5 k approx for minor mods plates and insurance for thge first year. so i say about 1500-2000 for mods.

let me know what you guys think, trhanks all.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Intake pipe + Filter
3" exhaust
2.5" ic piping
3" intercooler

By new engine, do you mean new/rebuilt, or JDM? Be aware of the head gasket problem as well as rod knock (Don't run low on oil!!)

If you have $ left, save it. Taking out a loan to mod an old, used car is not a smart move.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
damn, so you say close to 2k left...is insurance $3k for a year?
easy to get that amount of power.
Just get full exhaust. 3" of course and intake, which in turn will make the boost rise a little bit. get a boost controller and turn it up to fuel cut.

But what all did you guys do to the motor?
metal head gasket and ARP head studs/bolts?
if not, you might want to while the motor is out.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
boost controller will get you that power on the cheap...

a good downpipe (I recommend a divorced down pipe so you get rid of the horrible factory elbow), intake, exhaust, and a boost controller will be pretty much all you need to hit 300hp...

the stock intercooler is FINE, it's the damn piping that gets old, cracks, and causes boost leaks that sucks...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well sorry by new i mean a newer jdm motor 7mgte with 50,000 miles on it. well here the insurance is crazy for a 23 year old. but he is taking outm a loan to get the car running again. this is all he has so he needs it. but the motor is stock and i will be doing all the gaskets all over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts