Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is a repost or not but, there's a drop-dead gorgeous mint 2000GT on display in the showroom at the Richmond automall. It's directly beside the parts counter and I was gawking at it when I was picking up some parts. Anyone in the 604 area should check it out to see this real peice of history! Apparenty the owner of the dealership paid a fortune to get it.

It looks pretty much identical to this one:

·
Boostin'
146 Posts
I saw it today when I was picking up some parts, absolutely beautiful.

I remember they use to have one there along time ago as well, not sure if it's the same one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It is the same car that was formerly at the PoCo toyota dealer.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It tours around the local Toyota dealerships here, it's been at the Richmond location before. Truly impressive to look at.

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
Good excuse to visit Richmond Automall, anyone remmember the 2000GT Convertible?

This beautiful car came about thanks to the producers of James Bonds 5th outing "You Only Live Twice" wanting a convertible Japanese sports car for use in the movie. The superb looking Toyota 2000GT was the ideal Japanese "Bond" car but it was only made as a coupe. Toyota were quick to see the benefit of having their car on the silver screen in the latest James Bond movie (which was likely to be one of the biggest movies released in 1967), so they happily made two custom built convertible versions of the 2000GT. Of the two cars built for use in the movie, one I believe resides in the Toyota museum in Japan, while the whereabouts of the second car is not known. It is rumoured to be in a private collection in Japan, but it is just as likely it no longer exists.

http://www.1-18scalecars.com/0Toyota_2000GT_Convertible_007.htm

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Should have gone to see it! I was in Vancouver this past weekend. :(

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
ARTSUPRA said:
Of the two cars built for use in the movie, one I believe resides in the Toyota museum in Japan, while the whereabouts of the second car is not known. It is rumoured to be in a private collection in Japan, but it is just as likely it no longer exists.
The second one is still around too. It is owned privately, and wears the 20-00 plates seen on the pictured model

1 - 11 of 11 Posts