Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i changed my denso plugs to autolite copper ones. gapped them to .031 and put it all back together.. getting 22 for vaccuum, but now after a boosted run, it sounds like it misfires every 3-4 seconds at idle. its also ideling at 1200... any ideas?

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
oh my good lord u dirty dirty american plug buying sinner....................jap cars like jap parts sir, buy some NGK's, ive fixed more problems with japmobiles by changing the shotty "autolites" etc. with some nice NGK's....go for the platinum tips too, and while ur at it get NGK wires

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Some copper plugs will cause popping at idle.. It is very normal. For example, NGK 3330's cause this a lot whereas 6097's with the same rating do not. :dunno: I would go with some NGK 6097's if you want to run copper plugs.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
so ma71t, i guess autolites coppers are bad??

thats why dr jonez, and many other big name mk3 are using them which im sure are pushing more power than you are, so you should learn before you talk. copper acuatlly deliver a better spark but dont last as long as plats to.

have you checked your timing lately?? that can cause a bad miss and a bad high idle if its not where its supose to be.your plugs are fine

·
Registered
609 Posts
I replaced my plugs and wires with NGK wires and the NGK-R platinum plugs and I have a miss just like that but I'm guessing it is my timing being off...

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
im just speaking from experience jpeek, im totally not pulling it out of my ass when i say jap cars like jap parts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i tried to get the NGK copper ones, but they didnt have any,so i heard good things about the autolite's so i just went that way... it runs great. just doesnt idle as well as before..

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
well im sure dr. jonez.idealsupra, and many others speak from expiernece as well

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
ma71t said:
oh my good lord u dirty dirty american plug buying sinner....................jap cars like jap parts sir, buy some NGK's, ive fixed more problems with japmobiles by changing the shotty "autolites" etc. with some nice NGK's....go for the platinum tips too, and while ur at it get NGK wires
So that means I have to go buy $9 a piece FORD plugs for my expedition because there american parts for my american car even though bosch platinums have worked fine for 30,000 miles??? Guess that means my AC delcos in my Supra are wrong to

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
mkiiikid89 said:
I replaced my plugs and wires with NGK wires and the NGK-R platinum plugs and I have a miss just like that but I'm guessing it is my timing being off...
I'm thinking one of yopur plug wires is loose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts