Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my first spark plug for about 100 miles when i did my swap then i found out that i had a misfire at about 4500 rmp and also at idle. Change the first set of my NGK Iridium BKR6EIX -11 then got the NGK platinum and gap it at 3.4 but still doing the same thing. I also heat and tape up my coil pack too..any ideal

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
so how do you know you have a missfire? it just dosent sound like you know anything of what your talking about. have a real tech diagnose you problem.

·
Banned
513 Posts
so how do you know you have a missfire? it just dosent sound like you know anything of what your talking about. have a real tech diagnose you problem.
Ha ha, yeah I'd recommend that as well. I think he can "feel" a misfire or something.

Going back tho, what i'd like know is what exactly you mean by you "heat and tape" your coilpack???

·
Registered
402 Posts
We put 1" diameter heat shrink around his coilpacks, but they look to be in fantastic shape. No cracks or anything.

Mods are intake and FMIC.

It has been misfiring since the engine has been in the car.

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
wiring probally.

take a pice of that coil pack thing.cause that shit still dosent sound right.

how do you know it missfiring? whats the car doing? come on man were not fucke mind readers. help us help you. or take that shit to a real mechanic, and save us the thread space.

here, im gonna give you all an out line on how in the fuck to ask for help.
so you have a miss fire? this is haow you ask for help:

he guys, i have a miss fire. when im at xxxxxx amount of rpms, the car motor breaks up.
or
hey guys, i have a miss fire. the cel comes on and its pulling a miss fire code.
or
hey guys, i have a miss fire. at idle it hesitates real bad.

any one of those would help out.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I think his misfire is at idle. I drove the car a few weeks ago and nothing was breaking up at higher speed or higher revs. TPS seemed to be good and so was the map etc, no driveability issues.
I recommended to chee to replace the plugs with some copper 6097s - cheap and excellent plugs. Gap to 28 thou... may help.
BUt misfires are mostly due to ignition systems electronics. Check all connectors, wiring, etc to coils, ignitor, ecu, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts