Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After avoiding some costly repairs, I finally broke down and bought coil packs and installed a new O2 sensor (the original had some tanks of leaded gas). I also managed to kill my battery during the fix (overnight) so I was "forced" to drive on the highway for an hour charging the battery. I didn't have race gas but I was able to test to 1.4 bar without ANY missing problems or boost issues. I was shocked. The car feels like a new toy again. I highly suggest that everyone who has misfire problems when going single to get new coil packs and the HKS twin power. It may seem like the big boys just say it for no reason but there is. I'm happy things seem to be great and I hope others never have to deal with the couple of months of annoyances that I did. I hope to redyno and post a sheet in the next few weeks. I'm hoping for 630-640 since I did 604 corrected last time and I was missing during the run. =o)

·
4,417 Posts
silvino said:
After avoiding some costly repairs, I finally broke down and bought coil packs and installed a new O2 sensor (the original had some tanks of leaded gas). I also managed to kill my battery during the fix (overnight) so I was "forced" to drive on the highway for an hour charging the battery. I didn't have race gas but I was able to test to 1.4 bar without ANY missing problems or boost issues. I was shocked. The car feels like a new toy again. I highly suggest that everyone who has misfire problems when going single to get new coil packs and the HKS twin power. It may seem like the big boys just say it for no reason but there is. I'm happy things seem to be great and I hope others never have to deal with the couple of months of annoyances that I did. I hope to redyno and post a sheet in the next few weeks. I'm hoping for 630-640 since I did 604 corrected last time and I was missing during the run. =o)

I certainly agree with you about the Twin Power... It made a huge difference in my car too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts