Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,557 Posts
Absolutely does not look like a Koyo, however from everything I've heard it should perform well.
I recently installed one on my Supra but have not run the car yet. I think it is a great value and am very confident that it will treat me well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
do i need a transmission cooler since my car is auto, or can i just run the car without one.... if so how do i install such thing
Yes, you want to run a transmission cooler... They have kits at MVP and such that you can buy, it all depends on where there is room to put it on an automatic car... You see a lot of people run the trans cooler at one of the front bumper cutouts.... Also might want to think about getting an electric fan for the trans cooler... You could also make your own kit which would be cheaper than buying a premade one...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, you want to run a transmission cooler... They have kits at MVP and such that you can buy, it all depends on where there is room to put it on an automatic car... You see a lot of people run the trans cooler at one of the front bumper cutouts.... Also might want to think about getting an electric fan for the trans cooler... You could also make your own kit which would be cheaper than buying a premade one...
why do i need a cooler with my aftermarket radiator, but not with the stock radiator

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is it difficult to install the trans cooler, my stock radiator has sediment inside..it is why i want to replace it but not sure if i should buy a stock one or aftermarket

·
Registered
543 Posts
is it difficult to install the trans cooler, my stock radiator has sediment inside..it is why i want to replace it but not sure if i should buy a stock one or aftermarket
If you "need" to get a new radiator, I would go ahead and get an aftermarket one and piece together a transmission cooler kit yourself---it is not that hard... I am pretty sure there is a write up on here on the forums that you can go off of...

·
Banned
513 Posts
I know i've posted this up before, but I worked with Mishi to develope a rad for the MKIII and used to be a direct distributor of theirs until.... Let me explain. I gave them lots of info on how to make the radiator. Make the fan shroud fit, 1JZ hydro fan bung for increased sales and make it factory top mount compatible. I even asked them if they physically had an MKIII they were developing it in and they said they did. I gave them the thread size and pitch for the bung, and stressed the shroud and top mounts over and over again. BUt whatever, they didnt care or just pretend to actually make their own thing when it comes out of the same chinese factory as Megan, JVT, GodSpeed, CX Racing, Haste, etc. Biggest friggin group of blow-hards. When they finally sent me the rad for "test fitting" it looked NOTHING as it was supposed to base on the info I gave them. Big square upper tank needing custom mounts, no bung and the fan shroud bolts are way off. Not to mention they sent it to me to "test fit", didnt they say they had an MKIII they were physically developing it in? Another lie.
Anyways, their product is good, cant deny that, I mean its not hard to make a big radiator that cools good but it seems like apparantly for them its hard to make things fit. The lip on the lower rad support has to be pounded in or the tank will interfere with it. I mean my Mishi rad works GREAT, keeps the car hella cool, as do the others I've installed, however it seems like EVERY rad i've gotten them except for a 240, Integra and Eclipse rad has fitment issues.
I highly DONT recommend Mishimoto, not because their product sucks, it doesnt. But because their "R&D" if thats what you want to call it sucks, and they dont like to admit they make mistakes and blow you off. Not to mention their prices are waaaay inflated now because they're trying to pass themselves off as an actual part manufacture instead of the Ebay chinese brand that they are. So ++ on product, FAIL on price, service, intelligence, lying, and a non existant "R&D" department.

If you still want a Mishimoto rad I can get you one for less than Ebay prices! PM me if interested. I just really dont recommend it based on I dont want to support such a jack ass company

1 - 11 of 11 Posts