Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mishimoto 1993-1998 Toyota Supra performance aluminum radiator is designed to maximize cooling efficiency by up to 30%, boost engine functions, and most importantly protect your car from overheating. I found this radiator and mine has some hail damage from being left outside ( long story). Any experience with this radiator?

Thanks,
Staats

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have one in my sc made for an mk4 supra. I have no problems what so ever with funtion or fitment. It's great for the price. I was told they were koyo knockoffs. There are lots of 240 people that run them without an issue at all. I think I got my rad for 200 or 240 dollars

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Mishimoto? Wasn't that the brand of tires the cop claimed the Civics in Toretto's crew used in TF&TF? :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was also thinking about getting this radiator after seeing so many performance shops selling them. I asked a few people and they said it is a pretty good radiator especially for its price.

·
Registered
454 Posts
great radiator for the price, I run 2 electric fans on mine and have no issues with overheating, even when it is 95 degrees outside, on my single turbo th400 car.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Finally someone posted their comments on Mishimoto!!!

I was trying to find feedback on Mishimoto, JVTR, Megan and other 2nd-tier brands (2nd-tier in price, but definitely not performance bec. I can't say for sure since I don't have experience)

Glad to know people have had good experience with Mishimoto. And for the price, yeah hard to beat!

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
i have one in my na-t sc300 , my car makes a tad under 500 rwhp and in 90+ south florida heat under 23psi even alpha my tuner was amazed at how cool the car remained even boosting with ac on it never got above 183deg

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Mishimoto? Wasn't that the brand of tires the cop claimed the Civics in Toretto's crew used in TF&TF? :lol:
Mashimoto ZX tires :lol:

·
Registered
915 Posts
I tried searching pics of it on ebay, but none of them have a clear pic of the top. Does it say mishimoto on the top? or is it just on the side?

·
Registered
452 Posts
quality is so-so from what i've seen, but alot of people are using them with no problems. Just like all the other knock off stuff. I'd stay far away from their fans though. I saw a brand new pair both with multiple hairline cracks in the fan blades

·
Ask lots Qs. Do it Once.
268 Posts
JVTR radiator

I was trying to find feedback on Mishimoto, JVTR, Megan and other 2nd-tier brands (2nd-tier in price, but definitely not performance bec. I can't say for sure since I don't have experience)
I'm using a JVTR 3 row in my N/A right now and I'm happy with it for the most part. I had to modify the rubber mounts and move one of the upper brakets. The OEM fan shrowd also doesn't have a very goog fit around it and the hood over the radiator cap had to see the blunt end of a hammer so the hood would close but now that it's in, I'm happy with it. My engine runs much cooler under extremely spirted driving.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Are there any fitment issues on the Mishimoto radiator??? Or does it fit pretty good?? I see lexforlife is pushing 500 RWHP, but is there anybody pushing upwards of 800 RWHP using this radiator with no overheating problems???

·
Kickin'G ASs 24/7
1,636 Posts
not trying to high-jack the thread but has anyone also tried out the God-Speed aluminum radiator..??!!??On an MKIV...
-fitment issues?how well does it perform?etc.
-thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had experience with these radiators on a few Honda's I worked on. Very nice quality fitment was good and overall temps were about 10-15 degrees cooler under spirited under boost driving. Looking to get one for the SC soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts