Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vpc with a B chip (i think its for 680cc?) and a gcc, but I havent put in my fuel system just yet, so Im still running the 550s. The car wont even stay this way for a month, I basically just want to be able to move it. What do I have to do to make this work? Richen everything up? thanks

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Unless someone knows from experience that it won't work, I'd say it would be worth a try. Just set everything "flat" and drive the car around for 20 minutes or so with little or no boosting to give the ECU a chance to make some baseline adjustments before you start messing with the fuel controller.

After all, you can run 850 cc injectors on a 680 cc Chip, so it stands to reason that you can also run 550 cc injectors on the same chip.

You will of course need a wideband on the car to really know if it's working okay or not.

Steve Hayes

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i dont plan to boost. I just want to get it to a shop to get the headwork. By flat do you mean 12oclock across the board? Im a little more worried about having smaller injectors than the chip is forthan if i had bigger, because now the issue is leaness.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you have an air fuel gauge start the engine and see what the fuel delivery is. If its too lean fatten the mixture. Then start down the road and be wary of the gauge/what the car feels and sounds like.

·
Registered
479 Posts
the vpc chip should work fine. all you have to do if figure out the percentage of the difference between the injectors and go up or down on the vpc and try to match the numbers.

example.. 550 chip.. 440 injectors* 25% +440= 550 .. so increase the vpc by 12 points.. 2% each point. this allows the 440 injectors to stay open 25% longer.. thus putting out close to 550cc of fuel. same if using a 550 injector normaly.

vise verse if bigger chip and smaller injectors.

Joe from horsepowerfreak told this to me..

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jltcat said:
If you have an air fuel gauge start the engine and see what the fuel delivery is. If its too lean fatten the mixture. Then start down the road and be wary of the gauge/what the car feels and sounds like.
I totally dont have one

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
moua4c said:
the vpc chip should work fine. all you have to do if figure out the percentage of the difference between the injectors and go up or down on the vpc and try to match the numbers.

example.. 550 chip.. 440 injectors* 25% +440= 550 .. so increase the vpc by 12 points.. 2% each point. this allows the 440 injectors to stay open 25% longer.. thus putting out close to 550cc of fuel. same if using a 550 injector normaly.

vise verse if bigger chip and smaller injectors.

Joe from horsepowerfreak told this to me..
Well, i guess the 680 ship is about 24% bigger than the 550cc injectors. So 24% (12 clicks) on the rich side? Hmm. Isnt that like all the way?

·
Grocery Getter
439 Posts
I have the C (830cc I believe)chip right now in my car on stock injectors, and it idles like crap, but I have it leaned out past 3k (afcII) and it runs quite smooth. Other than eating gas like a MOTHERF&CKER it is driveable.

My suggesstion is if you are going to drive it to the shop and it is not far, try to keep it out of boost (seeing that you haven't tuned it and don't know the a/f). Oh yeah a new chip is around $50, have mine in the mail (yippee).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts