Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experienced something strange on my supra last week. The Greddy exhaust for my Supra TT JDM 1993 Auto BPU+, came with an end of cannister exhaust buffel, which was duly fitted at the time of installation. Tha car was running fine at 17 psi of boost for months till on a high speed run the car spat out the buffel and i couldnt find it. Since then the car has started missfiring and missing at WOT. The Boost is showing in excess of 20 psi. Is this missing caused by fuel starvation in response to increasing boost? someone has recommended Auxillary Injectors like the HKS AIC. Is the AIC hazardous as there have been reports of engine damage.My Sp 57 kit is on the way so i dont care about Blown Turbos. Please help as I have a race coming up this friday against the WRX sti Spec C.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the misfire is probably caused by old coilpacks unable to keep up with running 20+ psi.
When you suddenly lost the silencer, the car should run leaner until the ECU readjusts. It should not run rich and fuel the plugs, which lead to misfire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
comeon supra gurus, i need help. It requires more attention than the Auto vs 6 speed debate. thx anyway.

·
1,070 Posts
I think you just have bad spark plugs, maybe the coilpacks also. Change the plugs first since they are the cheapest and probably the problem. The extra boost could be blowing out your old plugs.

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
i would say...
take out the plugs and regap them to 26-28

next to pop your hood, and spray water on the coil packs, if the car dies out, it means you need to replace them

now disconnect the battery and pour in some race gas (100+ octane) and turn the car to let it idle (the car will learn the new fuel curve on its own)

then pump up the boost for your race

1 - 5 of 5 Posts