Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 BPU is missing under boost, even with NGK's gapped to 0.030. Could my coil packs be bad, even with only 60k miles on the car?. How can I test them?. Are they expensive to replace?

Thanks

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just replace your coil-packs you should be fine.
with new coil pakcs, you dont even need to gap your plug down which basically reduces power. trust me, its worth the investment.
get it from Jay Marks Toyota, I think they go around $360 for all 6.

afterwards, just get stock gap plug thats 1 degree colder you should be fine.

Jonas

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW, testing of coil packs are usually not accurate because there is heat involved. just get a new set, and when your car dont miss no more, then you know your old coilpacks are bad:D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zerosoul said:
just replace your coil-packs you should be fine.
with new coil pakcs, you dont even need to gap your plug down which basically reduces power. trust me,

afterwards, just get stock gap plug thats 1 degree colder you should be fine.

Jonas
So are you saying that all MKIV coil packs get weak over time and that if I had a brand new car with 0 miles I could run stock gap and never miss?. Are you sure the new ones are that much better?

Thanks

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you miss cuz your spark can not jump to the other end of the plug tip= weak spark=weak ignition.
trust me I went though this issue, new coil packs will fix your miss problem. if you want your ignition to be even stronger, then go with HKS twin power or good old MSD.
now if your car detonate or knocks, that is differnt story.
I am running 18psi with new coilpakcs, stock gap, 1 degree colder, perfect combination for our turbo cars.

Jonas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts