Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am in the process of restoring my interior to brand new condition...i have new leather everywhere..new interior panels, every clip and screw and small interior part and light bulb that toyota makes..so the otherday i removed my HVAC unit to put all new buttons and knobs and lights on it and just my luck ..as i pull the knobs off the fuckin thing..the stupid washer and flat little nut that is behind the knob was loose and it fell between my seats and it is gone forever..literally vanished into thin air...
Ive looked and looked for this peaice even with another sf.com member and we both are shocked that it vanished..we even took my seats and carpet out of the fucking car and didnt find a damn thing...we finally put it all back together at 3am..i even checked my shoes and everything just in case and my entire garage..nothing....and now i have a brand new interior with a fucked HVAC unit..
Noone can find these parts and Curt doesnt sell them nor will he help me try to locate something i can use..
So i know if i walk into pep boys or autozone they will not know what im talking about

Sooo if anyone ..anyone at all has any idea where i can get this or have a broken HVAC unit sititng around that they can give me the parts or sell them to me or whatever..im not buying a brand new fuckin $500 hvac unit because i lost a 50 cent part that seems to have vanished into the bermuda triangle..

please help..this little nut is holding up my entire interior..im not putting it all together with broken knob and then 30 mins aftyer i finish the fuckin nut will just appear on the floor of my car out of nowhere...trust me..im not crazy..its happened before

ok thanks in advance
Ant

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You mean that thin nut?
Let me check my garage and see if I have it there. I had a bad unit (the contacts for one of the lights was broken off) so I bought a used unit. Parted the other one for some parts and well, I should still have the other unit, in parts.

-Art

P.S. If I still have it, do you just want the nut or the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ i dont care...i just need the nut...my unit is fine and i just put al new knobs and buttons...its juts that i cannot find this little nut for my life...

ill meet you somewhere or something....actualy i am a pilot so if you can get to the reading airport i can meet you there and pick up the parts..

let me know
Ant

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have one more box to look into, but that comes in the morning. I had to deal with my fuel system today and it isnt going what its supposed to. I think the pumps are wired wrong.

Either way, I can get to Reading airport no problem.

You tell me what time and when, and I'll be there. Hopefully with the Supra

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man whats up...havent heard if you found those parts or not...
Im thinkin sunday..if the weather holds out ill take a trip out there...its only 30 min flight from here so not a big deal

let me know
Ant

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone else have a spare old hvac unit that they could spare these small parts for me...its sort of turning into an emergency...

heeellp

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Wow, I was more than sure that I posed saying that I have 2 nuts - maybe not the best choice of words... haha

Either way, I have 2 and will give them to you.

No worries

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
if that don't work out, take the nut off the dimmer switch, I'm pretty sure it's the same size, and take it to your local hardware store ( Ace hardware here ) and match it up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts