Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=aqFF36fQ1VFQ&refer=home

March 1 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a missing fishing boat with four people aboard that ESPN.com said included National Football League players Corey Smith and Marquis Cooper.

Cooper, Smith, and two of their friends were on a 21-foot fishing craft that was reported overdue from Seminole Boat Ramp in Clearwater Pass, Florida, at 1:30 a.m. New York time today, the Coast Guard said in a news release.

Smith is a defensive end for the Detroit Lions and Cooper is a linebacker for the Oakland Raiders.

Troy Asmus, an agent for Cooper, and Ron Del Duca, the agent for Smith, told ESPN.com that the two players were among the missing and that the NFL was aware of the situation.

“We are staying in contact with the Coast Guard and with the Lions and Raiders,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e- mail.

Coast Guard helicopters, airplanes and boats are searching a 750-square-mile area of the Gulf of Mexico about 50 miles west of Clearwater Pass, according to the news release.

The release identified the others on the boat as Nick Skyler and William Bleakley. The four men had left the dock about 6:30 a.m. yesterday.

A news conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. at St. Petersburg, Florida, the Coast Guard said.
What the HELL? Where the fuck are they?

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
"Hey, I tell ya, y'know? I know athletes go overboard to get attention, but this is ridiculous! Ooh!"

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just saw on the news that they actually found the boat but no one on it. those damn pirates, arr.
yeah, what the fuck? This reminds me of those Mysteries Unexplained where people just accidentally walk into an alternate dimension and nobody ever sees them again.

I wonder if that's what fish think happens to their buddies when they get caught. :lol:

·
Boost Junkie
12,399 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out why you would take a 23-24ft. boat out into the Gulf of Mexico? That isn't very large considering the size of the waves one might encounter out there.

Steve K.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it doesn't read like they normally went WAY the fuck. If he was still in cell phone range, anyways.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out why you would take a 23-24ft. boat out into the Gulf of Mexico? That isn't very large considering the size of the waves one might encounter out there.

Steve K.
I have a 26 footer...we take it 50 miles out all the time. There is some great fishing over off of those offshore oil rigs.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
The difference is there, but its not ridiculous...a 21footer shouldnt have any problems going that far off shore provided they properly checked their forecast. 21 footers are always out and about in the Gulf.

7ft.-9ft swells really suck, but shouldnt overturn them unless hit sideways. Hard to really say what happened with them..be it a random ass rogue wave or piss poor maneuvaring (sp?) skills.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts