Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for mkivs to miss with plugs gapped at .028-.030? I just put in some ngk 6097's at my car is missing past 4k.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
For a single car, i have mine gapped at .025 and i know others keep it there as well.

is the car single? stock twins?

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twins, the car runs great till any boost starts flowing and thats at around 4k. It hits 12psi easy so i know its not a boost leak because i just checked everything. As soon as i hit it and the revs get to around 4k it misses like a mofo.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
for stock twins i always get the gap between .030 and .032. whichever works best. You might be gapped too far down.

You have a BCC right? You'll hit boost cut from the ECU at about 14psi and above.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Jarrett I JUST put in NGK 6097s at their stock gap (.032) and the car has run fine...then again I havent even really boosted her yet but I'll let you know tonight. Like MK4 said, you just might be gapped too far down.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have a bcc and have never had a problem b4. It doesn't even like to rev past 4k~. It missing and stumbles and as soon as boost starts to build it gets worse. I'll try less gap and more and see what happens. For some reason im thinking i need new coils. But when it misses it does feel like boost cut but its more random. It stumbles to build rpms when im at a stop in neutral.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
Gap the plugs up to .032 and go from there. Shouldnt take more then 20 mins to change them all :)

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MK4LIFE said:
Gap the plugs up to .032 and go from there. Shouldnt take more then 20 mins to change them all :)
It doesn't. Just a pita because i've been workin on the car for almost a week. Thanks for the help Mike, and Jack.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Jarrett H said:
It doesn't. Just a pita because i've been workin on the car for almost a week. Thanks for the help Mike, and Jack.
I know how you feel. I felt that way when I spent 4 hours trying to change a new radiator! :eek:

Let us know if it fixes it Jarett

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't fix it. Its breakn up like a mofo. I'm going to take it by a place tomorrow so they can run all the codes. It feels great till boost hits, so i guess i'll update when i know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts