Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am going to the track tomorrow, my mods are intake and exhaust with the turbo shimmed to 12psi, get this though, latly after 8psi in all the gears the car starts acting like its missing really bad, i checked timing and timing was at 10btdc and I changed the spark plugs, and still the same thing, what I am wondering is if a worn out BOV can do it where it won't hold any more pressure after 8psi?? that and my dp bolts rattle loose sometimes that it causes a exhaust leak at the elbow to dp... stock bov btw, please reply ASAP, thank you.

- Bruce

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2damaxsupra said:
do u have mbc? and our cars dont come with bov stock, is by pass valve.
As stated, I am on a shimmed wastegate, and I am aware its a bypass but use BOV because its a more univeral term... anyone else have any inputs? thanks.

- Bruce

·
Registered
689 Posts
i bet you that your stock bypass valve is leaking, they are one of the first things to go on our cars, especially after the boost is turned up. I just recently fixed a problem like yours where i get stuttering past 5 psi of boost, turned out i had a boost leak in a connection between 2 hardpipes, anything over 5 psi would just leak out and cause me to run rich and it kinda drowned the engine. Replace your BOV and check for leaks you should be good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts