Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Missing my supra
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my plugs last week even though it was running fine. I went from denso's to bosch supers gapped at 30ish. As soon as I started up the car I noticed it was missing a bit. I figured it just needed to be driven so I took it out for a short drive and when I came back it was still missing. So I pulled all the plugs checked the gaps. I found two plugs that looked a little funny (like the 2 cylinders were running rich) so I replace those 2 plugs. Start it up and the same thing missing and when driving it back fires when shifting. I've looked at everything... No vacuum leaks and the wires seem to be fine. The only think I can think of is the timing, but I set it two weeks ago. Maybe I should set it again. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks ahead of time,

Joey

G

·
Check thoughs plug wires real good!You say it was running fine befor the change.

You could have a crack in the insulaters of thoughs two wires. Just a guess.

Jeff

·
Got Boost?
216 Posts
If you are sure it was running fine before you changed the plugs, then i would be replacing the spark plug wires and replacing those plugs again with NGK's. Thats what they came with from the factory, thats what i prefer to run. Just my two cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts