Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering whos coming out that night :) its going to the be that last one till july so u better come!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I can try and bring my beast... but i want to adjust my valves before i go. We will see. If i do come i can't push it hard. You won't see anything spectacular. If i come i will search out the supra's when i walk arround.

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
i was planning on racing but i have not got anything done since last time. Im still waiting for my taller tires to arrive so I can go through the traps in 4th. I may go just because the track condition will be better then before. anthing better then a 2.37 60' might just get me a 12.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
if i get a battery tiedown then i will probably be ther with my car.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTZ said:
edit, next street leagals is july 7th then august 4th
see theres more proof that u guys need to all come out now. before it starts getting all hot and humid are our cars run like shiat due to the heat :) if i can hit a 13 this weekend i will be so happy haha.. i was hitting 2.2 60ft's last time.. but i was short shifting... so im going to push it a bit harder this time. should get me there. especially since i had a 14.00 @ 102 last time...

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
short shift, bah. take it to redline. shim the wastegate so it will hold more boost in the upper rpm and take some weight off. Last time I was there on the stock trubo I cranked my boost controller up so boost would spike to 17 on the street rpm but would drop to 13 psi by 6000 rpm. this way in 1st and 2nd boost hit around 13 and once i got to 3rd and 4th the rpms were so high that I was only seeing 13psi after a shift. boost would only hit as high as 13 during the run. thats how i hit 107mph on the stock ct.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i got a MBC. so i will hooko that up.. hopefully i can play with it a bit. and yea im planning on going to redline this time.. i just hope it doesnt rain!

·
Registered
899 Posts
It better not rain. I purposely rushed to measure my valve shims then re-assemble my valve covers and what not just to go.

See u there if it doesn't rain

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
according to weather network.. there is going to be 2-4mm at a 70% chance durign the afternoon.. then go down to less then 1 mm at a 40% chance in the evening... so hopefully its on tonight.. see u all there!!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I pulled 2 runs on the 1/4 mile. 1st time ever to personally go down a track, and 1st time for the car as well. I pulled a 15.8 and then a 15.7, Third attempt i didn't even make it 15 feet from the tree before my Diff U-Joint gave out. Apparently they found needle bearings all over so... its definately the U Joint.

I will be inspecting the dammage soon then having the rear U joing upgraded as the OEM MX73 one is obviously not up to the task. The front slipyoke& U joint is from a turbo supra for a R154 so it held up, but i might upgrade that as well.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BAH i didnt evne make it to the track! had to get the supra towed!! broke down in the line up for the ferry!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its all good now.. one of the wires going across my valve cover was shorting out.. but it was the line up for the alboni ferry to go across to maple ridge.. oh well... i geuss i have to wait a couple weeks..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts