Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a stickied roll call and thread for updates for Mississippi Supras (MS!)? :wavey:
I just moved back to MS after 6 years in GA. Before that I lived in Vicksburg for 25 years and now am in Tupelo.
Let's try a format like:
City: Tupelo
Supra: 1994 TT Auto, Alpine Silver
Primary use: Street and Road course ( you could be DD, drag, show, etc)
Primary Mods: APU/Small single, suspension, some shiny parts under the hood
Name (optional): Larry

Feel free to add to this.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm Mark

Supra: 1993.5 Baltic Blue 6spd TT
Gulfcoast
Single Turbo. I use it just to cruise for fun.

I have a good friend in the Jackson area who has 3 hardtop 6sp TT (White, Red, and Flat Black). The white one is all original. The red one is very lightly modified, and the flat black (he was not the one to paint the car) car is the fastest of his 3 which has been singled. He unfortunately does not get on Supraforums.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So there are a couple of Supra hidden throughout MS. There are also a few other Supras on the Gulfcoast/Mobile but I do not know these people (just know of their cars).

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm Mark

Supra: 1993.5 Baltic Blue 6spd TT
Gulfcoast
Single Turbo. I use it just to cruise for fun.

I have a good friend in the Jackson area who has 3 hardtop 6sp TT (White, Red, and Flat Black). The white one is all original. The red one is very lightly modified, and the flat black (he was not the one to paint the car) car is the fastest of his 3 which has been singled. He unfortunately does not get on Supraforums.
There used to be several in the Jackson area. Marshall Morgan had a white one he put back to stock, a nice black one and his road race car. There were a few more around but I can't remember names.

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you consider a mk2 & mk3 supras, I'll post..
Scott
gulf coast
supras: 84 red L-type (stock, original paint) and 89 red turbo targa ( intake, 57trim, 3"dp, magnaflow, 1 piece ds, walbro, volt gauge mod, boost and afr gauges, eibachs, 18"volks, 75k mi, original paint)
use: daily drove the l-type for years, lots of vacations trips out of town, even made a 9hr drive to the tail of the dragon meet. (awesome road!) the car just rides and handles so well and is dead on reliable. i'd drive it anywhere. the turbo car is the fair weather only cruiser. cars & coffee meets. a few red light challenges. it will meet the dragon one of these days also.

attempts to meet other supra owners on the coast haven't worked out so well. no biggie I suppose.

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you consider a mk2 & mk3 supras, I'll post..
Scott
gulf coast
supras: 84 red L-type (stock, original paint) and 89 red turbo targa ( intake, 57trim, 3"dp, magnaflow, 1 piece ds, walbro, volt gauge mod, boost and afr gauges, eibachs, 18"volks, 75k mi, original paint)
use: daily drove the l-type for years, lots of vacations trips out of town, even made a 9hr drive to the tail of the dragon meet. (awesome road!) the car just rides and handles so well and is dead on reliable. i'd drive it anywhere. the turbo car is the fair weather only cruiser. cars & coffee meets. a few red light challenges. it will meet the dragon one of these days also.

attempts to meet other supra owners on the coast haven't worked out so well. no biggie I suppose.
I like all the Supras! Nice to see you are keeping a MK2 and MK3, not only alive, but in good shape!
BTW - I detect you like red?

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to the gulf coast area. All original 95 DWP NA SE. Still not out and about, trying to make time to get it back up and running. Took out to cars and coffee Biloxi, but now have an oil leak.Any reasonable shops in the area?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
New to the gulf coast area. All original 95 DWP NA SE. Still not out and about, trying to make time to get it back up and running. Took out to cars and coffee Biloxi, but now have an oil leak.Any reasonable shops in the area?

Welcome. I only take my MKIV to TDC Performance in Mobile. Look in the Southeast section...I did a small review on them recently. They have always been very honest and fair with me. Depending on where you are located on the gulf coast, the shop would not be any further than about an hour drive.

Call Joe Drews (He manages the shop for the owner Mike). 251-661-6067

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Also, How was cars and coffee Biloxi? I heard its a great event. I never seem to be in town when they happen though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mark, great to know. I will reach out to them soon. Cars and coffee was a great event, lots of cars. Only one other Supra there, but definitely good vibes. You can look them on on FB if you haven't already. Definitely a nice way to pass the time on a Sunday.

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Welcome aboard. Are you in Houston or Biloxi or somewhere else?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am here in Brandon. got my white 95 supra n/a way back in 2001
do a lot of autocross and track days. love my supra

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
That sounds very cool! Would you mind posting some pics?

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you know/deal with Marshall Morgan along the way? I lived in Vicksburg until 2010 and got my TT in 2000. Marshall helped me some back before he opened his shop in Pearl and my car was in his shop quite a few times.
We went to several of the same track events - when he could get his race car ready - and he helped me get back from Barber one event when I blew a HG.
Where do you track? I have been to Road Atlanta, Barber, No Problem Raceway, TWS (old days of TX2Kxx), TGPR, Roebling Road. About 26 events over the years (had to take off 3-4 years due to medical issues).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I kinda knew marshall, he autocrossed the white hard top with us a few times back when mine was still stock.
I did a few track days with tx2k befor they quit on us, at msr and tws.
also have ran at: tgpr (with speed for sale) road Atlanta, barber and mid oiho
I started autox back in 1994 and compeded in the skip barber series for 3 years. my dad got me into it he raced with scca and svra for 20 years

I will look for some pics

·
Registered
582 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts