Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
To my eyes, this looks like a concept that could be fairly easily productionized. The old 3000GT moniker represented engine displacement. If this concept anticipates a 4L motor, I wonder could it be the same motor slated for the Nissan 400Z since Nissan owns Mitsubishi? It would make a lot of economic sense to share versions of this motor and could be one reason why a 400 hp Z is said to be coming in at $40k.

Hope its RWD biased as opposed the the FWD bias of the 3000GT. If so, this could mean a 300 hp NA RWD car for those unwilling to pop for the AWD VR-4 twin-turbo variant, assuming it's in the cards if this car is revived.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping for a 4.0TT V8 with AWD.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hope its RWD biased as opposed the the FWD bias of the 3000GT. If so, this could mean a 300 hp NA RWD car for those unwilling to pop for the AWD VR-4 twin-turbo variant, assuming it's in the cards if this car is revived.
If they're using the VR30 power plant they're not going to get 300 HP NA. My brother recently bought a Q60 and it put down 300WHP/310ft-lbs bone stock. On the bright side, with just a tune it was putting down 357WHP/420ft-lbs. This is going through an automatic transmission and RWD using 93 octane.
A small 4.0L V8 would be able to hit 300HP easily enough, and would be nice if turbo'd paired to an AWD system that Mitsubishi has a reputation for.

Is there anything other than renderings of this thing? All new chassis shared with something else?

·
Registered
207 Posts
With the cancelling of the EVO and the eclipse being a SUV now, Mitsubishi has quickly become the most boring automaker. They need a halo car to get the excitement back in the brand.

Reactions: Supra Turbo

·
Hardtopper
2,477 Posts
LOL

Definitely NOT happening... Mitsu is one foot in the grave; rumors of them developing a new halo car is laughable click-bait fodder.

Reactions: Supra Turbo

·
I'm your huckleberry...
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mitsubishi is controlled by Nissan now though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
They are both controlled by renault

1 - 11 of 11 Posts