Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has heard of putting a Mitsubushi Turbo like a 20G on a Supra??

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol, that's about the only Mitsu turbo that'll compare w/ a single Supra. well there is a VR4 w/ 18g's puttin down 620 AWHP, so I guess that's not too far off of some of the Supras out there, still not good enough... can't wait til the GT399's become tried and true, then you guys are gonna see some competition!

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Huh?

VR400+hp said:
lol, that's about the only Mitsu turbo that'll compare w/ a single Supra.
What does that mean? Make some sense, dude...:dunce:

Anyway, a TD06-20G turbo is too small for a Supra. A better choice for a quick-spooling turbo is the TD07-25G unit. It is comparable in performance to a Garrett-based T63-T66, and spools even faster. Very nice turbo for 7MGTE's, by the way...;)

FYI: Greddy's popular T78 turbo upgrade is merely a TD07 exhaust/TD08 compressor hybrid. The Greddy T67 is a TD06/TD07 hybrid...

·
Registered
76 Posts
VR400+hp said:
lol, that's about the only Mitsu turbo that'll compare w/ a single Supra. well there is a VR4 w/ 18g's puttin down 620 AWHP, so I guess that's not too far off of some of the Supras out there, still not good enough... can't wait til the GT399's become tried and true, then you guys are gonna see some competition!
Are you sure an 18g makes 620? makes no sense. Twin 18g's maybe.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning on getting a T04E 60-1 Trim Turbo but I was wondering how a 20G stacks up to that.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Huh?

FYRARMS said:

What does that mean? Make some sense, dude...:dunce:

Anyway, a TD06-20G turbo is too small for a Supra. A better choice for a quick-spooling turbo is the TD07-25G unit. It is comparable in performance to a Garrett-based T63-T66, and spools even faster. Very nice turbo for 7MGTE's, by the way...;)

FYI: Greddy's popular T78 turbo upgrade is merely a TD07 exhaust/TD08 compressor hybrid. The Greddy T67 is a TD06/TD07 hybrid...
it means that a SINGLE TURBO supra flows way more, well atleast proven to flow more and perform better then any twin set-up in a 3/S 'cause supposedly the GT368's flow 650cfm each and the new 399's are supposed to flow 850 each, but again that is SUPPOSEDLY and not DEFINITELY.
damn they make td07's :eek: Looks like my future project, just gotta gut out some of the engine bay, get a stroker, and a completely refurbished tranny probably cost what, about $100k, atleast to do a project to effectively run two of those, but hey that should be good for 8's. those must flow like 1000cfm each

The AAM VR4 does have TWO 18g's not one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts