Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I soon will have 3 pairs of Inifinity Kappa components installed in my 89T (4" in doors and back seats, 5.25" in hatch location). I want to upgrade to Focal components eventually, but can't afford to do it all at once. I think my first upgrade to Focals will be to put some 165K's in the doors (6.5"). Anyone know of any problems with mixing the different components in that setup (Focals in the doors and Infinitys in the back)?

Amp is a RF Power 800.4.

Thanks

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once you put the Focals in the doors you won't be able to stand the Infinity's and you will most likely unhook them until you can buy another set of Focal's. Heh. I speak da truth.

·
2 RiCh 4 Ur bLooD...SuPrA
601 Posts
i gotta question...why are you putting 2 pairs of infinity comps BEHIND you? you do realize that is bad sound staging and imaging. the premier staging is in front of you. if you go to a concert...where's the band? they are in FRONT of you. so why are you gonna ruin the staging by putting more comps in the back? i say just get the focal polykelver 165k's and just put them in the front doors. don't have any speakers in the back. if you do...i say nothing more than a pair of the infinity's. keep the rear comps softer than normal so you can get the concert affect.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, thats all I have is a pair of 6.5" Focals up front......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts