Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*sigh* Car was running REAL hot, so I pulled into a rest stop to see what was up, oil was bone dry. So, I went to the closest gas station, and picked up some 10w-30, some generic brand. Anyways, the car runs really rough, hiccups and burps when the turbo engages. I heard a funny noise last night, (sounded like a seal breaking)......I drove really slow home so that I wouldn't engage the turbo, haven't inspected it yet (just what I need, more bad news)

I'm going to do an oil change (duh!) but any recommendations would help...

Oh, tons of engine noise, I can hear the lifters etc....no knocking thank god.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bahraini_zupra said:
Lifters isnt the bad thing the bad thing that u may had rod knock i really dunno but about mixing oil hehe its fine i am running mixed oil sythantec and normal castrol oil for a month everything is good but better to change it :)
read that out loud to yourself......

anyways... first off.. we dont have lifters.... and if you dont hear a knock, you should be ok... but running a turbo low on oil is a bad thing... sounds like you could have done some damage to that... im not positive but i heard that mixing oil weights is bad because they can seperate. not sure on that but im sure it can be that bad for a few miles...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I can at least be a guinea pig. I'll do the oil change and an outside inspection, and bring back what I find. The way the car is acting, I think the oil separated.
I know its not rod knock, my old supra had rod knock, so I know what it sounds like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts