Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any information about the mk3 supra's intercooler? like flow rate and pressure drop? I am thinkin about upgrading to one if it is pretty good. I am flowing around 360 cfm right now but really no pressure drop. this is how my intercooler is setup right now.

thanks
tesujin
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
tesujin said:
does anyone know any information about the mk3 supra's intercooler? like flow rate and pressure drop? I am thinkin about upgrading to one if it is pretty good. I am flowing around 360 cfm right now but really no pressure drop. this is how my intercooler is setup right now.

thanks
tesujin
Hey genius this is OBVIOUSLY a tech question. Did you read the rules before you decided to post?


What the hell is that red thing you have on top of the engine? I take it it's your current intercooler :rolleyes: Man close the hood and don't open it up again that is some real nasty stuff:p

Your quote is gay. Work on that please.:fruit:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excuse me. I didnt know where to put it. I will move it to the TECH section. as for that red thing on the top of my engine yes that is the intercooler off of a turbo coupe. if you did some research u will find that on the ford 2.3 turbo engines they PUT it their (dont ask me y, it sits over the exhaust manifold). guessing by how u took offense to my qoute u must drive a riced out honda. and what does your engine look like?
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tesujin said:
excuse me. I didnt know where to put it. I will move it to the TECH section. as for that red thing on the top of my engine yes that is the intercooler off of a turbo coupe. if you did some research u will find that on the ford 2.3 turbo engines they PUT it their (dont ask me y, it sits over the exhaust manifold). guessing by how u took offense to my qoute u must drive a riced out honda. and what does your engine look like?


If I did some research? Hmmm...yes, I will go straight to yahoo and type in "piece of shit..er, Merkur" and what-do-ya-know...a Merkur and it's awesome history will come right up.

Um, I'm sorry, what do you drive again? An '87 Merkur:rolleyes: Please show us some more pictures of that sweet car of yours:rolleyes: Let me guess, you're having a hard time running with Civic DX's, eh? It's ok I'm sure most of these ricers you are referring to just laugh at your "Merkur". I see, this is why you make reference to them in your quote, which, by the way, is :gay:

I happen to drive a 1997 RSP Supra Twin Turbo 6-speed and I live in Maryland. Maybe you'd like to meet up sometime and show me what that "Merkur" of yours can do. Oh and by the way I will bring my friend's 1996 Acura Integra GS-R with a DRAG 3 turbo kit, he happens to have stickers all over it with products so equipped. Maybe you'd like to race him and see what a "ricer" can do to you and your lame ass "Merkur". Or wait, what do we have here? Another friend of mine has a 1999 Civic Si with bolt-ons, maybe you'd like to run him? Maybe you will feel better because he doesn't have a turbo, oh but wait...do I see a purge valve...yes, I do. Let the excuses begin "Merku" boy.

Come meet me and get that ass embarrassed :eek:
 

·
Twin-Turbos 2X the Proble
Joined
·
806 Posts
Panda Express why are you being so angry to tesujin?? All he did was ask a supra question on the supra forum, no need to make fun of his car. Its a respectable car, and it dosen't look bad at all (Are Sierra Cosworths suddenly crap??). Why do you feel the need to whip out your member and challenge him to a race?? what the hell did he do other then ask a simple question??

tesujin come too the mk3 forum and meet some people that are happy to help you and are able to stave off their elitist attitute crap.

--------------------------------
88 Supra Turbo
 

·
Nynex Phreak
Joined
·
105 Posts
No kidding. What a rude person. Is that how you've decided to use all 19 of your Supra Forum posts? *sigh* Sign of a flamer in the works.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank u

thank u, I will goto the mk3 forum. as for panda express I will give him a golf clap, I asked for some info and he decided to act like a child but I guess u have that option when u think your car is everything and nothing else matters. panda if u ever see me at metro make yourself known, I have respect for supras. my boy bill drives a red one with some work done. he told me that I should work on my xr and so I did. if he didnt tell me to I wouldnt have, but I dont when someone decides to critisize and act stupid then I say oh well. and I give u a golf clap. Go watch the gettaway in stolkholm and see whats taping the supra. its a cossy. your attitude already shows your skill as a driver. and u can say what u want but by the end of april I will be up at metro. say something to my face and see where it gets u. u will be runnin away in that supra really quick and I wont deny u wont have a problem runnin away from me.

dismissed
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: thank u

tesujin said:
thank u, I will goto the mk3 forum. as for panda express I will give him a golf clap, I asked for some info and he decided to act like a child but I guess u have that option when u think your car is everything and nothing else matters. panda if u ever see me at metro make yourself known, I have respect for supras. my boy bill drives a red one with some work done. he told me that I should work on my xr and so I did. if he didnt tell me to I wouldnt have, but I dont when someone decides to critisize and act stupid then I say oh well. and I give u a golf clap. Go watch the gettaway in stolkholm and see whats taping the supra. its a cossy. your attitude already shows your skill as a driver. and u can say what u want but by the end of april I will be up at metro. say something to my face and see where it gets u. u will be runnin away in that supra really quick and I wont deny u wont have a problem runnin away from me.

dismissed
LOL A threat of physical violence :p Typical from a nobody....

It's easy to talk about someone else's car when you don't have one worth mentioning. Ah yes the Stockholm video, so I take it you think you're that fast now right? Well tell you what, bring your boyfriend with the Supra and I will give you a 10 car lead and we will see what that Merkur can do. Lets see....it's red under your hood but white on the outside:p I see. Was that really your car? I mean no one would paint their car like that....:rolleyes: Please show us more pictures of that awesome car of yours. Maybe you can get a couple of shots of the rims, or the tail lights provided they still work:rolleyes:

It's not hard to see why you are driving that out-dated piece of shit. What do you do for a living? Do you still live at home with Mommy and Daddy? Does daddy still abuse you? I'm sure he does. You seem to have something to say to the "ricer" crowd. Well I sent you a PM with a challange for this Friday, March 22nd over at Rio around 11:00pm.

I will bring at least 5-6 Hondas with stickers on all of them and we will see what your Merkur can do. $500 says you're too much of a pussy to show. Just make sure you reschedule with Daddy that night, I know he will be quite upset when he comes to your room for a little action and finds you're not there :(

Don't hide like a little girl and tell me you're going to be at Metro in April. Bring that slow car to Rio this Friday. If daddy says no you can't go then I will assume that's why you weren't there. Wouldn't surprise me at all :p
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I skipped over the flamage, but here is some information on the stock MK3 intercooler:
_____________________________

http://www.supras.com/pub/SONIC/MA70/TNSSUPER.TXT

#1 Stock 93.5 Supra TT side mount Intercooler flows 251.0 CFM at, 20
inch's of H20 pressure
#2 Greddy TT side mount Intercooler kit flows 247.90 CFM at, 20 inch's
H20 pressure
#3 HKS 3 row 400mm x 265mm x 97mm flows 330.9 CFM at, 20 inch's H20
pressure
#4 Stock 1989 MA-71 Intercooler flows 169.0 CFM at, 20 inch's H20
pressure
_____________________________

Flow test:
http://home.earthlink.net/~turbogus2/intercoolers.html
_____________________________

Pictures, pipe inlets dimensions of lots of IC's, including Supra:
http://www.turbomustangs.com/intercoolers.htm
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't judge these forums based on one asshole, his opinions are his own and no one elses.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've noticed MK3Brent has been bringing a bunch of threads back from the dead.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top