Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me in the MR2(some sort of exhaust,drop in filter and NST pulley) vs a 91-92 red turbo 5 speed MK3. Had the 5 star rims and catback as only mods.

Ran him three times on 140 at stop lights. Beat him soundly by about 3-4 cars to 90MPH each time. First gear is where I reallly killed him. Guy was not happy and would not look at me. Oh well. Pretty car. I thought at first I was being ambused by Sean or Ronnie. I don't think the guy could drive well at all. Have not run the Sc but I think high to mid 14s should be attainable.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Mike 92LX said:
Me in the MR2(some sort of exhaust,drop in filter and NST pulley) vs a 91-92 red turbo 5 speed MK3. Had the 5 star rims and catback as only mods.

Ran him three times on 140 at stop lights. Beat him soundly by about 3-4 cars to 90MPH each time. First gear is where I reallly killed him. Guy was not happy and would not look at me. Oh well. Pretty car. I thought at first I was being ambused by Sean or Ronnie. I don't think the guy could drive well at all. Have not run the Sc but I think high to mid 14s should be attainable.
Congrats, sounds like a decent race. I always really liked those first gen MR2s.

Sonny

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Those SC's surprise the shit out of most people, great kill. This is coming from a LONGTIME MR2 owner, 21yrs to be exact, I drove nothing but MR2's from '84-'95.

Walk proud bro,
Gregg

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Huh? 91 Supras are MK3s not MK2s..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats intresting. I own both, and I raced them to 100, the mk3 won by a car every time out of 3. The launch, the mr2 would kill the supra, and in 2nd gear the supra didn't gain any, but 3rd and on the supra pulled. Both my cars are bone stock and the mk3's a 87t, and the mr2 is a 88

·
Registered
168 Posts
A lotta that can depend on the driver. If the person does not know how to shift ect. But good kill.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My MR2 SC is not stock. It has exhaust,pulley and a filter on it. I own both as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I guess those mods make a pretty big difference. I knew a pulley would, but 4 cars...wow...I have to get a pulley for my mr2 if it makes it that much faster. How many more psi does it add?

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get about 14 psi with the NST pulley. You will need a grunt box or emanage with that much boost because it will have a lean spot in i below 3k.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts