Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I just recently did a 2JVvti swap on my 85 Celica Supra, but the diff gave out alrdy. I am trying to replace it with something that will be more reliable than the stock diff, I heard that the best way to go is with a differential of a old Toyota pickup that has to be 4x4, but I can’t figure out what style and year, if there’s any help or any info you guys can help me with I would appreciate it.

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
You need a Detroit/Eaton Trutrack. You can use IS200 parts inside the diff if you need replacements.

George at Raptor Racing can get you axles made, but you need to ask nice and have the cash.

I'll probably end up with a solid rear setup, once the diff stubs or hub shafts go.

·
Addict
1,120 Posts
Yea, I have the Truetrack, it should work just fine at sub 400 power levels forever.. most of the older toyotas with 7.5" diffs should work, same size you have in your car. The Size is what will limit its power capabilities, not the type or anything.

Just make sure and check what kind of ratio you want and what you have. 3.73/4.10/4.30

true-trac writeup

this is a link to the right part number. dont buy without some research

http://www.drivetrainshop.com/Detroit_TrueTrac_p/eat-911A342.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard that the differential that will hold down the most power is from a 84-87 Toyota pickup 4x4 but I’m not quite Shure, they said that diff with the true track and just rebuilt that diff should do but I wanna know everyone’s opinion on there research etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts