Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've read all the threads and stuff, mostly ppl working on the mk3 and mk4... and rarely on mk2.

I try looking at the webpage, and nuthing seem to hit anything on speakers. I was wondering if any1 can help me with the size of the front and at the back. Can the front be placed with a 3.5"? or have to be smaller than that.

I ask the store, they said the 'book' its 3.5" front and 5x7 at the rear.
can someone correct this?

I'm planning to put in a Panasonic hu, probly jbl for front and alpine at back.

thanks... ppl. later

·
Banned
909 Posts
The mkii supra is based on the Celica, anyways it is 3.5 in the front, 5x7 in the rear.

I've to alpines in the front and Boss Comps. in the back.

Don't expect to get any bass out of them, even with an amp. The advantage with these cars is that they are a hatch back, and have alot of room for subs. I wouldn't go anylarger then 12's.

I my self ran to DVC Type-R 10's(Apline) on a v12 707, bridged down to 2ohms, and was running off of 1.5V preouts and it was phat. I had one of the loudest systems in town. That same setup is in my buddies truck now, exept @ 4V preouts. Make sure the deck you get is 4volt.

Also get a wiring harness if you can, they are cleaner, and stock toyotas come with everything you need wiring wise.

Hope this helps.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alrite, today, my friend and i install the 3.5 (front) and 4x6 (back)rockford speakers. Spend about 250CAD not a bad deal...

we tried to put in a 5x7 in but, too much of a hassel, we tried hammer it down, make it wider, even cut it in halves. but still needs lots of mod to it.

As for 4x6 we just did in in less than 1/2 hour, we just use cable lock or tie and its tight as the screw...

They sound so good! So Good... ;)

·
Banned
909 Posts
Azn86mkii said:
alrite, today, my friend and i install the 3.5 (front) and 4x6 (back)rockford speakers. Spend about 250CAD not a bad deal...

we tried to put in a 5x7 in but, too much of a hassel, we tried hammer it down, make it wider, even cut it in halves. but still needs lots of mod to it.

As for 4x6 we just did in in less than 1/2 hour, we just use cable lock or tie and its tight as the screw...

They sound so good! So Good... ;)
How do you find the bass?

I know that with my boss 5x7's, which were a bitch to get in, they don't have much bass, but they sound very clear. I'm going to run mine on an amp very soon.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an 82 mk2, and it had 2" speaker in the front. Lter models also had a mini sub in the steering column. I believe those were a 3" at a blistering 15 watts!

What I did in my car, I cut the doors and put 4" speakers in. I cut the harness in the back and wired in some 5X7's. It was some work, but I did it. Then, the amp and subs were easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts