Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i've been seein alot of mk2's drivin around my town and even my neighbor has one parked outside his house. i just wanted to know if there is anyway i can tell just by looking at one if it is turboed or a NA......or are they all turboed? i dont know anything really about mk2's so bare with me. thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mk2 Supra's were not available with a turbocharged engine, at least not in the US market. A 2 litre turbo six (the M-TEU) was available in Japan, but you're not likely to see any of them where you are. :)

Perhaps you're confusing the Mk2 with the Mk3? The Mk3 was available in turbo and NA form. The Mk2 is the wedge-shaped 82-85 model. Some people mistakenly think it's the Mk1, because it's the first Supra which gained widespread popularity - most people aren't aware that there was another Supra before that (78-81), which is known as the Mk1.

HTH :)

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah i know mk3's like the back of my hand and i know that the mk1's say celica supra on them and theese just say supra turbo. but how much hp do theese cars have stock b/c thats how they all sound(no exhaust or anything)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just to clarify, this is what a Mk2 Supra looks like:

US-spec Mk2's were only available with one engine, the 2.8 litre DOHC 5M-GE. Turbocharged engines were not available. Power output was 145hp for early versions, and 161hp for later versions.

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea thoose are what i have been seein zippin around. and my neighbor that has one is all primmered so maybe its his project car...i think i'll go ask him what he's up 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts