Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have decided after a long debate that i am going to purchase a mk3 with a blown motor and restore her. havent found one locally yet but looking..... so i figured during this down time i would purchase my 1jz engine and get started.

some questions i have are....

Were is the best place to get a 1jz from and what version do i want.

what are the common things to replace before the engine goes in the car... RMS, timing belt etc etc.

I know that a ton of questions have been answred and i continue to get info from searching the site... BTW where is the best place to find a wiring diagram and who makes teh adapter harness.

TIA

Rich.

· Registered
301 Posts
So I have decided after a long debate that i am going to purchase a mk3 with a blown motor and restore her. havent found one locally yet but looking..... so i figured during this down time i would purchase my 1jz engine and get started.

some questions i have are....

Were is the best place to get a 1jz from and what version do i want.

what are the common things to replace before the engine goes in the car... RMS, timing belt etc etc.

I know that a ton of questions have been answred and i continue to get info from searching the site... BTW where is the best place to find a wiring diagram and who makes teh adapter harness.

TIA

Rich.
1) You can get an 1jz front clip from driftmotion.. That would probably be you best bet for a clean, good 1j.. But It might be more worth your while to go 2jzge-T... The 2jzge's are usually pretty easy to find and find parts for becuase they came in so man lexus's.. But that is ultimately your decision and depends on what you want.. (If you go 1jz, try and make sure that it is a second gen, Otherwise your pcv may be a little leaky, There are pics that show the differences.. just search.. )

2)Your best bet for the gaskets would be just to do the complete engine overhaul gasket set that is 136 bucks or so from champion toyota.. But at minimum.. Your Fms,Rms, Cam seals, Spark plugs, timing belt, Oil pressure sender adapter, power steering lines, serpentine..

3) There are tons of 1jz and 2jz wiring diagrams.. Just do a search on google images.. You will find your way in... Also there is a tsrm witch has every digram for the 7m.. Um as far as the adapter harness.. Your can either do it yourself just using like the 1jz swap bible from azsupracentral.com or you can send the whole harness out to one of the wiring guru's here on the forums..

Hope this is some help to ya..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.