Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
6,754 Posts
MattOneDime said:
3.73's I think

And if anyone has a 3.90 for sale hit me up
I believe 3.73s are 89+ while the 3.9s are the 87- 88s, I have been trying to find longer gears since at the end of the 1/4 mile I keep topping out of 4th gear that I am close to 5th, let me know what you find out Matt... aight peace :chicken:

· Premium Member
6,754 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Good info.. Thanks all

Actually I think I'm just going to go Ford 9" solid axle with a detroit true trac. ;) Well, not the real true track, but the welded spider gears version. :drag:

Bert how are you topping out 4th at 107mph:rolleyes: hahah
That I don't know, I think its cause of either the transmission or the rear end, I've been trying to find out why, but no one came up with a good explanation... btw GET ON MSN foo, aight peace

· Premium Member
6,754 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
6500rpm in 4th with 3.73 rear end is 128mph....

That's odd. where you're at should only be around 5500rpm.

Only reason it could be different is if the clutch is slipping, or your tires aren't stock size.

What size are your tires?

Have you checked the ratio of the diff?
Tire sizes = P245/50 R16 , its a 90 and I am the second owner, original owner was a old guy, it still has the stock rear end and at 192k miles it still had a stock clutch and stock timing belt :) and stock headgasket... aight peace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.