Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the MK3 ever came without a rear wiper? I'm looking for a hatch that never had a spoiler or a rear wiper and I'm wondering if they are out there somewhere in a base model MK3. All I've seen are the ones with no spoiler from the 86.5 models. Anybody??

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
N/A's never had a spoiler from that factory.

All models had the rear wiper, was never an option.

·
MKIII Owner and Dam proud
367 Posts
It is easy to cover up the hole from the wiper and the holes from spoilers if somebody put one on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know its not hard just time consuming, and time is money....i dont like using fillers or fibreglass on metal, so I'd have to do it properly by welding and metalwork...I was just trying to avoid all of that at all costs if there existed a part without the rear wiper. The spoiler holes are fine since I'm gonna put my 3 piece wing on anyways.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I removed mine and had it filled. Looks like stock. I also had the antenna hole filled on the 3 piece spoiler too. I could get a pic when i get off work if you would like.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
3p141592654, you are correct, not all of them in Europe had the rear wiper. However, none of the parts will be available in North America, so it's kind of a moot point. Much cheaper to shave the wiper hole than ship a hole hatch from Europe, hehe.

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
3p141592654, you are correct, not all of them in Europe had the rear wiper. However, none of the parts will be available in North America, so it's kind of a moot point. Much cheaper to shave the wiper hole than ship a hole hatch from Europe, hehe.
True, but he would have a sweet EDM hatch. Who can say that :bigthumb:
eric

·
Building, Not Dismantling
690 Posts
The car I sold N2Fishn69 has a chrome lookin Superman logo over the antenne hole. The guy I bought the car from had done quite a bit of weight reduction on what seemed to be very low budget. Dude had the motor running very good, and had saved all the parts he removed. Got a great deal on the car half taken apart, then rebuilt everything, and passed a great deal on to Jim (N2Fishn69). I told him to leave the sticker on, and consider it a Supraman logo. The antenna in the backglass works fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts