Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just recently got a 91 Supra turbo with 300kmiles and the problem is that the car stalls when I rev it when in Neutral and driving. It is also blowing darkIsh smoke. I’ve gotten told that mk3s have bad timing and also head gaskets.
Anyone have any idea what it is thank you.

·
Registered
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
536 Posts
Welcome! It looks all original except the radiator. :) You are missing the top coil cover plastic, and the fan shroud.

The smoke can have many sources. It's important to do some cleaning internally. Make sure you have fresh gas and a clean air / fuel filter. New spark plugs, engine timed, new oil are always good.

The stalling can be related to the Mass Airflow sensor needing replacement. (it was on mine) Also, the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and Idle Air Control (IAC) play into this as well.

The BHG is the true weak point of the engine. Even if yours has been replaced before, many factors can lead to it needing to be done again. Check underneath the oil cap for chocolate milkshake residue.

You'll find detailed information on other posts all throughout the forum with the search function.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you boss i will look into that im thinking it is the mass airflow sensor. Also do you know any good online stores to buy mk3 parts.

·
Registered
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
536 Posts
Finding parts will be troublesome. Many are out of production now and can only be found used.

However, this is a good place for the things that are available" MK3 Supra

1 - 5 of 5 Posts