Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car idles for a short while...rpms are dropping and rising...the car is smoking bad...soon after it dies...

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,152 Posts
Read your post, and imagine someone told you the exact same thing and you want to know what is wrong.

It could be a million things.

Check the basics, oil, vacuum leaks.

Change the plugs and do a compression test... continue down that path.

Check the online mk3 TSRM.

·
7M Fanatic
3,257 Posts
...the car is smoking bad...soon after it dies...
Valve seals are shot, and/or the rings have left the building......
Bet that when you pull the plugs, they are oiling, and carboned to hell.
When that worn that they dump oil into the combustion, usually the valve seats are also,
and the bearings are probably on their last rodeo.
Just another worn out old engine.

Also, if it's a GTE, then the turbo could be puking so much oil, that it's drowning the engine.
Pull an intercooler connection off, is it full of oil ?

Rebuild time !

·
Registered
1987 toyota supra 1jz 5 speed
38 Posts
As ZaZZn stated that is like finding a needle in a hay stack. You'll have to refer to the tsrm and start diagnosing things to figure out where the issue is. Could be fuel, bad piston rings, bad valve seals, lack of air.

·
Registered
180 Posts
These threads make me crazy. No year. No history. No country. No miles. No transmission. The "car" isn't even identified. Next we'll find out it is a Celica from Portugal and has not been started for 16 years and has the original gas in it..... So bizarre what some people offer on forums in order to help themselves.

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
244 Posts
These threads make me crazy. No year. No history. No country. No miles. No transmission. The "car" isn't even identified. Next we'll find out it is a Celica from Portugal and has not been started for 16 years and has the original gas in it..... So bizarre what some people offer on forums in order to help themselves.
Oh come on Doug, just use THE FORCE like I do and imagine yourself inside the engine! :)

Seriously though I understand. I've only been on here a short time and I've seen both hit and run type people, and others, like yourself, that are steady.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Maybe he was selling something. If you squint at it just right and cover one eye it reads like a stock market buy suggestion for the vaping segment?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts