Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys

I called Porterfield up just now b/c they sent me SS brake lines for the rear w/o banjo bolts.
The body side fits in fine, but the caliper side has a banjo fitting with no banjo bolt. My
question is, how can I find out what size banjo bolt I need and where can I get it?

Porterfield said the lines aren't supposed to come with banjo bolts... And to check with the
Toyota dealer, who was only able to acquire part numbers and since mk3 rears don't come with banjo bolts....

Thanks
Danny

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Strange, I could have sworn my stock lines were held in place by a banjo. The goodridge SS line kit did come with its own larger banjos

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
ma71supraturbo said:
Strange, I could have sworn my stock lines were held in place by a banjo. The goodridge SS line kit did come with its own larger banjos
If memory serves me right, which i hope it does, the rear has NO BANJO bolt... but thats from memory, aight peace :wtf:

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
If memory serves me right, which i hope it does, the rear has NO BANJO bolt... but thats from memory, aight peace :wtf:
yes... according to the TSRM, the rears don't use banjo points, they screw in, and its only the front that uses the banjo bolts... aight then peace :wtf:

P.S. Jeff is wrong :rolleyes: amd I AM RIGHT :) how you like them apples? hehehe...

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Oh you're right, it was the front that had the banjo. The rear threaded straight in (a minor pain because the entire brake line had to be twisted and I had made the mistake of attaching the top of the line first)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply guys :cool:
Geoff had Porterfield overnight the right fititngs to me
and we got 'em in the garage right now.

Luckily, the Wilwood 6POT's up front made up for
the absence of rear brakes :D

Danny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts