Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, just trying to see more info on these hatch visors.

Someone told me, this is OEM, some else told me this is a replica

How do I tell this is OEM or a replica? I assume its replica due to the fact that there are absolutely no markings on it whatsoever to let me know where it came from. From my understanding is that all parts should have part numbers, but a bodyshop guy tells me if it was a dealership/factory "optional" (non trd) they didn't all have part numbers which doesn't seem correct.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
214 Posts
It's probably aftermarket. They only put those on MK2s, not MK3s. That one looks like from an 85 or 86. The older ones were bigger if I remember right.

Part numbers would probably be on the inside edge of where it bolts down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's probably aftermarket. They only put those on MK2s, not MK3s. That one looks like from an 85 or 86. The older ones were bigger if I remember right.

Part numbers would probably be on the inside edge of where it bolts down.
Okay yah i have seen the bigger ones and youre saying the bigger ones only came as option which were only for mk2? And that the mk3s here did not come with any rear hatch visor option? So only the ones
in japan did? Or were those aftermarket as well? Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
214 Posts
As far as I remember there were 2 different types. The 84 had that visor on the top only, and the 85-86 had a smaller visor but also the spoiler. Like this:

·
Long time Low Post Member
76 Posts
Pretty sure that's a MKIII hatch visor from KevinM Group buys years ago. MKII one's don't have those bolt holes for braces on the side and top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts