Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im tryin to get ideas on how to setup a stereo system in my mk3 and i was wondering how u guys had yours setup in yours. thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
MK3's aren't allowed to have stereos, they are already heavy enough. I have a stereo in mine, but I'm too lazy to list what all I have or post pictures of the install. Talk to TITO and Thomas Kenyon if you want some ideas or have questions.

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not allowed to have......im gonna put a nice and heavy one in mine. jk but does anybody else have any input?

T

·
0 Posts
Here's mine... All 300 something pounds of it... :D :D

What exactly do you want to know???

S

·
0 Posts
damnit TITO i hate you... yours is all clean and nice and custom... mines just in a box in the trunk... wires running around everywhere... damn I'm lazy

T

·
0 Posts
Hehe, yeah it took ALOT of time to make that damn box. Almost too much, it's well worth it though. The system sounds unbelievable.

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i mainly wanna know what your setups look like what u guys have in them, if u installed them yourselves if so how hard it was, and how much it cost. thanks.

T

·
0 Posts
OK, well that setup there is 3 JL 12W6's, an XTANT 1000Dx amp, Boston Acoustic 6.5 Pro Series Components, Alpine receiver, and an Alpine 100M amp for the components. The whole system was about 5k, I do all my own stereo work, it isn't hard if you know what you're doing.

In my old system I had 2 12" Kicker Solobarics, an Alpine 1507MRV amp, a Kenwood 600 watt amp, and the same front setup. Here is a pic. of that...

I never really took my time to set this one up nice. It wasn't in there for long. This system was about 2k. Did it all myself in a couple of hours.

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooh well i dont think i plan to spend that much probably just a deck 2 5.5-6.5(front doors) speakers and a couple 10"-12" subs in a box in the trunk. im on the scary side so how hard is it to run all the wires? and if there are some do-it-yourself sites that can give me detail on how to would be nice. thanks for the help.

N

·
0 Posts
Ok ok, looks like I got a little competition here.:p Guess I'll have to post pics of mine to comp out TITO. Just need to get another cable for my peice of shit digital camera I got for free when I signed up for Earthlink a few years ago. Will have pics in a few days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts