Supra Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Could drain the oil and have a look at it.
Cut open the oil filter and look for copper.
This. Or you could go with a Blackstone Oil analysis. It's $28 but they'll be able to give you a full breakdown of what's in the oil and it's far more precise than eyeballing it.

Something else you might attempt trying, pull one plug wire/coil at a time and put a light load on the motor. If the sound goes away with one of the cylinders not firing that would at least give you a starting point.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I did test for rod knock with a long screw driver, no play. Also tried pulling one spark coil at a time but that only work if you can hear the knock at idle or rev. It had 3 oil changes and all looked normal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Alright i pulled the trans off today and everything looks normal. Flywheel is tight, no cracks. Clutch and pressure plate looked normal. There is some play between the pressure plate and the throw out bearing but i think thats normal. Other then that im leaning towards the bottom end now.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
9,940 Posts
Alright i pulled the trans off today and everything looks normal. Flywheel is tight, no cracks. Clutch and pressure looked normal. There is some play between the pressure plate and the throw out bearing but i think thats normal. Other then that im leaning towards the bottom end now.
Yeah. Will be interesting to see the mains and rod bearings.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts