Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post. I am looking for a pair of replacement LED headlights for my 1987 mk3. Every pair I have found say you need to rewire. Are their any headlights that I can just plug in?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Yes, the stock lights are halogen and do not care about polarity. This is the main reason why it's not a PNP affair. Unless the circuit is built into the LED, it will not work. I've tried trucklite and other off brands and none of them worked PNP for me. Someone did report it did, not sure what the difference between his and mine. Bottom line unless the resistor and circuit they will not work properly. You can find all you need on my write up I posted a few months ago if you use the search.

Also please post this in mk3 section as it's mk3 specific.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I installed LED headlights on my car and had to buy a harness on Amazon to get them to work properly. Toyota uses a common power for low and high beam and switches the ground through the combo switch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do some research. I did them on my 89 but, i had to also add something else to it. (Can't remember what) in order for the auto shut off to work and still doesn't work properly. Sometimes I forget to turn lights off thinking they'll turn off automatically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts