Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have no power to my mk3 supra.
I have just recently swapped in a ‘91 turbo motor in my ’90 chassis, going from NA to turbo. I changed out the full engine, trans, engine wiring harness, and ECU and then proceeded to plug everything in and install all the necessary bits to be a turbo car. My problem is that I threw in my battery and turn the ignition switch to the accessory modes, and I have no power to anything in the car. No headlights, interior lights, or any accessories work on the car right now.

The odd thing is, when I had the older NA motor in, the previous owners did some hack-job wiring with the starting function of the car. They had installed a push-button start on the driver side kick panel and had wired this button through the firewall. This went to a crimped junction containing the black and blue wire that plugs into the starter and the black and blue wire that goes into the neutral start switch. I’m pretty sure this was to bypass the ignition switch since trying to turn the car over with the key couldn’t be done but, with the key in, all of the accessories worked as they should.

After I took the ghetto rigged button out and put in my turbo motor and trans I no longer have power to anything on the car. My battery is good, I have checked almost all of my fuses and I have checked the wiring continuity with a multimeter on various parts of the car. Is there any security feature in the car that would cut power to everything? Any thoughts?

Also, let me know if this has been sorted out in a previous thread that I couldn't find.
Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
536 Posts
Congrats on the swap.

The key words here are "hack-job wiring". Since this by definition deviates from stock, your best bet is probably to trace the current wiring, and figure out what is connected wrong or is missing using the wiring guide.

That would at least give you a map of where things should be. Otherwise I'm not sure how to even guess what might be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the swap.

The key words here are "hack-job wiring". Since this by definition deviates from stock, your best bet is probably to trace the current wiring, and figure out what is connected wrong or is missing using the wiring guide.

That would at least give you a map of where things should be. Otherwise I'm not sure how to even guess what might be wrong.
Well in the swap I did replace the two starter wires that connected to the button. There was also a second wire, which I have removed, coming off of the button going to the driver's kick panel fuse box, where it was stuck into a null fuse spot. At this point, all of the hack-job wiring is out of the car, at least to my knowledge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts