Supra Forums banner

mk3 tail lght coversion

4K views 58 replies 10 participants last post by  OneSikkSupra 
G
#1 ·
ive seen some mk3's (88-92) with a '93 rear tail conversion...has any one done this and what years exactley can you do this too? ..and what kind of modification would be involved when doing this?...fyi..i already have purchased a set of rear tail lights off a '98 tt...any help would be appriated :)

#2 ·
kwik_lil_yota said:
ive seen some mk3's (88-92) with a '93 rear tail conversion...has any one done this and what years exactley can you do this too? ..and what kind of modification would be involved when doing this?...fyi..i already have purchased a set of rear tail lights off a '98 tt...any help would be appriated :)
why would you do this? the lights dont match the lines of the mk3 at all.......... :scratch:

G
#3 ·
you're best bet would be to take apart the lights and make a custom panel that will fill the stock location. it will look good, still follow the lines of the car, and it wont need much body work, if any at all

i know someone has done this before too, but molding them into the body completly kinda looks like ass

#7 ·
NeverNZ said:
check out those links for info, heres a pic of what i was talking about before
THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY CONVERSION OF THIS KIND...THAT I FIND ACCEPTABLE......HELL OK I LIKE IT A LOT......but ive seen it imitated and duplicated.......but it always looked like ass........

whoever did that did the perfect job and i would like to shake their hand........ ;)

G
#8 ·
IdealSupra said:
THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY CONVERSION OF THIS KIND...THAT I FIND ACCEPTABLE......HELL OK I LIKE IT A LOT......but ive seen it imitated and duplicated.......but it always looked like ass........

whoever did that did the perfect job and i would like to shake their hand........ ;)
i think the bumper and the color of the car have a lot to do with how the tails look, its probably why they only look good on this car

#12 ·
cruzmoreno said:
only conversion that should be attempted on an mk3 is an 89+ mk3 converstion. ive seen an mkiv front converstion blah *thumbsdown* and now ppl are wanting the tails.. bahhh ugly
why not? you seem to want to convert mkiv exhausts to our cars too....so i guess as long as the exhaust is 4 feet wide the cars all good..... :scratch:

#13 ·
so far you dont like any idea ppl have come up w/ idealsupra.... next u are gonna say 1jz swaps are "against the rules of taste too"... people wanna do something w/ their car if we agree or not is immaterial.

#14 ·
S E A R C H S E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C HS E A R C H

G
#17 ·
MKIIINA said:
so far you dont like any idea ppl have come up w/ idealsupra.... next u are gonna say 1jz swaps are "against the rules of taste too"... people wanna do something w/ their car if we agree or not is immaterial.
:stupid: an opinion is an opinion, its not like this guy is going to give up on his goal because ppl say they dont like it. and its funny that you can compare an mk4 taillight conversion to a 1jz swap..i mean if your going to try and make a fool of someone, at least be smart about it. to compare a tail light converstion to an engine swap is like comparing a hair cut to a heart transplate you fucking idiot... oh an idealsupra, comparing an exhaust an taillights are just as an inacurate comparison as mkiiina's lol.. hahaha it never fails. a forum can be filled with completely smart ppl dealing with automotives, and yet have so many dumbasses

G
#19 ·
and not only by you commenting on me thinking an mkiv exhaust looks good on an mkiii, you are trying to dissrespect me, but you seem to be forgetting that ppl have done this and have very nice and powerful cars, so you are not only dissrespecting me but the ones who have done this..maybe you should stop before you get too much in.

#20 ·
cruzmoreno said:
:stupid: an opinion is an opinion, its not like this guy is going to give up on his goal because ppl say they dont like it. and its funny that you can compare an mk4 taillight conversion to a 1jz swap..i mean if your going to try and make a fool of someone, at least be smart about it. to compare a tail light converstion to an engine swap is like comparing a hair cut to a heart transplate you fucking idiot... oh an idealsupra, comparing an exhaust an taillights are just as an inacurate comparison as mkiiina's lol.. hahaha it never fails. a forum can be filled with completely smart ppl dealing with automotives, and yet have so many dumbasses
ummm no...comparing a modification with a modification is the same....im comparing the fact that you want to take things made for other cars and adapt them to our car....if you cant see how thats the same your dense.

and as far as me not agreeing with things...i can NOT agree with whatever the fuck i want....but i dont say hey you guys need to listen to me.....or youre gay and im gonna kill you....

if i dont like something i have every right to say so...and defend my position....if you guys think otherwise then you need to understand the concept of opinion.

no where in any of my statements do i say dont do that its and if you do youre gay...i simply ask why you would do it or whats the benefits...thats all...

everyone has opinions ....some people like my old school rims some people hate them....does that mean im gonna take them off? no.....

and as for you cruz....as far as im concerned. youve proved to know nothing about cars in general let alone the supra other then the fact that you think exhausts are too small and you need to have them angled and big like the mkiv. i think that about sums up what your opinion means to me....NOTHING!

i have more friends and am respected by more people on these boards then you could dream of. why? because im not what you seem to think i am.....actually you are one of the very few who seem to not get along with me....ask anyone that knows me im very easy going.

either way...my opinion is my opinion and your opinion is your opinion....simple as that.

just out of curiousity cruz...do you even have a mk3?

#21 ·
cruzmoreno said:
and not only by you commenting on me thinking an mkiv exhaust looks good on an mkiii, you are trying to dissrespect me, but you seem to be forgetting that ppl have done this and have very nice and powerful cars, so you are not only dissrespecting me but the ones who have done this..maybe you should stop before you get too much in.
wow....maybe you should try hooked on phonics.i never said putting a mkiv exhaust on a mk3 was a bad thing nor did i say i didnt like for that amtter! i was arguing with you over the fact that you said certain exhausts are too small......even though the inlet and straight through design on them all are the exact same 3in. :rolleyes:

go read that thread again and then get back to me.

G
#23 · (Edited)
yes, infact i do.. and btw... me not knowing anything about cars or the supra i drive is a pretty funny thing to say..concidering the amount of work i have put into my car in the past few weeks.. its funny how much taking an engine out and replacing half the broken parts inside an engine can teach you about "cars in general" get the facts before you run your mouth..

#24 ·
cruzmoreno said:
yes, infact i do.. and btw... me not knowing anything about cars or the supra i drive is a pretty funny thing to say..concidering the amount of work i have put into my car in the past few weeks.. its funny how much taking an engine out and replacing have the broken parts inside an engine can teach you about "cars in general" get the facts before you run your mouth..
the facts are.....taking a bunch of bolts apart and putting them back together doesnt mean you know cars......AND IF YOU ACTUALLY KNEW CARS....YOU WOULD KNOW THAT.

but im done flaming because i dont do that.... you have fun with your car.... oh and one last thing...putting in work on a car for "a few weeks" doesnt make you a car guru....

#25 ·
lol wow idealsupra...u and i agree cruz is retarded lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.