Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which is faster stock for stock? I know what you can do with either car, just wondering what's a better car, despite the price difference.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Although they make nearly the same horsepower, I'm pretty sure the Mk3 turbo makes more torque, and has more area under the curve. I vote for the Mk3.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had them all. The Mk3 turbo is a lot of fun and I love the 80s. The MKIV is a totally different animal. I think my vote goes for the MK3 turbo for potential and cost savings.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I murder Mk4's (NA) all the time. :rolleyes:

The weight isn't all that different if your talking about the hardtop mk3.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Trust me, mk3 turbos faster when you race every time. It makes much more torque for longer, and once in 3rd gear its a murder. I raced a n/a mk4, he had at least an exhuast, thats all I know, got dusted by me. The torque curve means mk3 is so much easier to drive fast, and to get quoted numbers from a n/a mk4 isn't easy. And yeah above 60 it isn't even a race

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
My buddy has intake and exhaust on his 170k na MKIV and runs 14.2 stock he went 14.7

I'm not sure if thats normal or if he has tons of carbon build up giving him more compressions

but thats the only mkiv na i have ever delt with

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
chewmasey said:
lol im surprised theres any mkIV n/a's around. Seems like everyone is NA-T.

Wayne
Of course. Wouldn't you?

·
Love teh white wimmenz!
320 Posts
I spanked a couple of IS's when stock err... filter. Ran a buddy of mines N/A MK4 and pulled fields on him, ran a Turbo and he pulled blocks on me... hah!

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Yeah there's a signifcant difference in power from a 7MGTE and a 2JZGTE

·
Senior
1,484 Posts
David_rg79 said:
My buddy has intake and exhaust on his 170k na MKIV and runs 14.2 stock he went 14.7

I'm not sure if thats normal or if he has tons of carbon build up giving him more compressions

but thats the only mkiv na i have ever delt with
Got video/timeslip? Seems fast for an n/a mkiv!

410 Posts
its a close match but i think they are more driver based the turbo haves lag and more weight the mkiv na haves less weight and no lag stick vs stick hard top vs hard top i think the mkiv makes the same power and can beat a mkIII but i know across country race the 2JZ-GE will beat the avg 7M-GTE on milage and reliability if that helps.

Either way i can smack the crap out of a mkiv n/a in 2 ways
i can build a 300 rwhp mkiii like mine for maybe $200 for bhg mkiii in back yard & $2000-$2500 JZA70(1JZGTE) front clip so for about 3k v/s the avg 8k+ for a n/a mkiv i beat them by cost and speed

o ya and the couple hundred pound diffrence is a big deal, its like a MKIV fat nerd with 3 fat chicks(heifers with kankles) in his car thinking he's bad ass trying to race a horse jocky or midget alone in the MKIII and evenly good drivers will probley cross the finish line at the same time.

Sorry to say a lot of the MKIIIs loose their torque just to move their heavy tank like cars.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
its a close match but i think they are more driver based the turbo haves lag and more weight the mkiv na haves less weight and no lag stick vs stick hard top vs hard top i think the mkiv makes the same power and can beat a mkIII but i know across country race the 2JZ-GE will beat the avg 7M-GTE on milage and reliability if that helps.

i can build a 300 rwhp mkiii like mine for maybe $200 for bhg mkiii in back yard & $2000-$2500 JZA70(1JZGTE) front clip so for about 3k v/s the avg 8k+ for a n/a mkiv i beat them by cost and speed

o ya and the couple hundred pound diffrence is a big deal, its like a MKIV fat nerd with 3 fat chicks(heifers with kankles) in his car thinking he's bad ass trying to race a horse jocky or midget alone in the MKIII and evenly good drivers will probley cross the finish line at the same time.

Sorry to say a lot of the MKIIIs loose their torque just to move their heavy tank like cars.
Man, there's so much wrong here I don't even know where to start...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:

Holyshit, WTF. you and that InvisibleMonkey clown should share tunning secretes :gaysex:

By the way every post you make you only have negative things to say about the 7M. if you hate it so much why post here?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts