Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there is one posted somewhere for a V8 swap guide for the Supra, I just can't find it anywhere. Could someone link it to me or know where I can find some motor mounts and trans mount? I want to swap a LM7 5.3L that I have sitting around until I can afford the 2j I want. Thank you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cxracing on eBay sells a engine and transmission mount set for like 500. Honestly mounts aren't that hard to fab up yourself though, you'll save a lot of money lol. IJ on supramania I believe LS swapped his mk3 but he doesn't take the cheap way on anything and also has fabricated/machined many parts himself. Good luck on your swap!

·
7M Fanatic
3,273 Posts
Here is a guide for doing a V8 swap....
Don't !

Sell it to someone with a Camaro, or some old pickup.
By the time you get done with it, you will have ruined the Supra, it won't be as fast, and you will break things like the rear subframe due to the torque.

If you don't have the money for doing a 2JZ, you don't have enough to do the V8.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
oh its getting saucy up in here huh

a 5.3 swap with a th350 trans is cheaper than any jz swap. the 5.3 ls truck motor cost what a 2jz to r154 bellhousing cost lol

. a jz with a rear sump is $1000+ (talking 2jzge, non vvti)

since its a swap, all other things are equal ---cost of stand alone, exhaust, turbo etc
well, prob cheaper for LS based parts because they are everywhere and anywhere (unlike 2jz stuff)

for a straight up drag car, its a good motor that holds 5-10 psi with proper tune and makes a decent amount of power at that level, for what it is. gen 3 aluminum head LS "pig iron" is really decent shit imho and actually can hold (on a dyno anyway) close to 1000hp before they blow. thats properly prepped oem long block, nothing fancy. you can run 500 whp all day on an LS at low boost.

I mean, at least its (5.3 ls) not a german made rear timing chain bizarro turd. could be worse

·
Finally up and running!
4,001 Posts
Ah yes the supra police my fault for clearly makin ya mad man, won't happen again.

Fuck yourself,
James
Welp, this is going 100% as expected.

Broke MKIII owner insults og with experience under their belt. Wants to swap a 2jz, but is broke so wants to swap an iron block ls, even the swaps cost around the same, considering that you will need to fab some headers or pay someone $1500 to do it for you.

9/10 chance you end up giving up on the project because you run out of cash, experience and drive. The car will be parted out netting you 60% of what you put in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welp, this is going 100% as expected.

Broke MKIII owner insults og with experience under their belt. Wants to swap a 2jz, but is broke so wants to swap an iron block ls, even the swaps cost around the same, considering that you will need to fab some headers or pay someone $1500 to do it for you.

9/10 chance you end up giving up on the project because you run out of cash, experience and drive. The car will be parted out netting you 60% of what you put in.
How did I insult him? If fuck yourself is something that insults you might want to grow some thicker skin man. Glad ya think you know me, what I can or can't do and my experience. I asked a question and you and the other guy don't have an answer why even waste your time lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts