Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non-turbo 86&1/2 mk3 that I’ve owned about 20 years. It’s stock with about 150k miles. Transmission was replaced, but everything else original. Completely optioned out, down to climate controls that sense when you’re under sun or cloud and adjust accordingly. Good shape, but far from concours. Any thoughts on value?

·
Registered
835 Posts
would need to see pics to see what you have. its first year, non turbo

is it automatic (trans replaced seems to point that way)

need to also know your region as well. these cars are worth more in certain areas

regardless, I don't see 7-8 K imho.

stored 20 years means a whole lot of rubber parts need replacement. virtually any non turbo, 87-90 mk3 priced at 8k should 100% be a driver. well maintained, new tires / brakes / hoses / suspension etc etc etc

now if it had say 40k miles, you might find someone who values that and would pay a premium

but w 150k no - you loose that "low mile" chassis and fall into the category of cars that get judged on their merits. every single flaw would depreciate it. not running / stored 20 years with no use is unfortunately a flaw as compared to a running car with a lot of replaced parts.

·
Registered
835 Posts
a lot of people try to sell mk3 non turbo auto's for that..... some sell but for who knows what.

here is one that sold on ebay recently --we know what this one sold for

·
Registered
835 Posts
right, times have changed for sure. 10 years ago 2k bought you a real nice non turbo supra.

that example I just posted makes me re-evaluate my 6k agreed value insurance for sure. its like I have that car but at 151k + turbo converted + BPU. (and w58 manual)

about 5 years back I almost talked myself into one in michigan that was ~30k miles, oh so clean, auto non turbo hard top always in a garage from day 1. if my memory is right it was dropping price and was 5-6k before it vanished from craigslist. so tempted but ended up not pulling the trigger then.... mistake imho :(

·
Registered
835 Posts
man sc300 non vvti 2jz use to be all over 3-500$ range. motor or the entire parts car.

now the rear sump oil pan parts bring close to $500

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lol
Madison mk3 You so right brother..
You can’t even find a used rear sump now dude.
R154 forgetabout it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts