Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ,

Long time member, but first time post. As the title suggests, I have an mk4 and I am looking for the factory first aid kit that goes under the trunk. I found a part number in Australia PZQ51-00020 but called 5 different US dealerships and the part number does not cross reference. Australia dealerships won't ship to me, I asked.
Anyone know how I could get one, or does anyone know if other toyota vehicles have the same first aid kit as the Supra? I was thinking they might be universal for a group of models. This is the last part I need and it's driving me crazy. Thank you so much to anyone that helps, cheers

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
3,972 Posts
You can ask one of the Australian members if they can ship it out to you. Aussie dealer ships to an Aussie SF member, then SF member ships to you.

·
Super Moderator
13,816 Posts
Nice lurking streak! 11 years! 🍺

That particular part number seems to be an Australian-market item only. AFAIK the JZA80 didn't come with a first aid kit in the US market or JDM. The US market got the small tool kit and tire change kit. The JDM got the same with the addition of the JAF required warning triangles and flares. If someone else knows more about the trunk accessories in the US market and Japanese market, I hope they chime in.

The current GR Supra has a first aid kit option that is virtually the same size and form factor (and is also shared among many other 2012+ Toyota models) and it might be a usable substitute if that's truly what the heart wants. Another consideration would be an older Lexus model, especially the LS400/LS430 if you want something more period correct.

That said, having done a decent bit of first aid/first responder/stop the bleed/etc training in the course of my career - any of those old first aid kits are worse than useless; they provide a false sense of security with absolutely zero first aid value beyond band-aids for kids (if they aren't expired). So for real use an original first aid kit is only appealing IMHO for truly concours level original cars that also have original tires, original spare tire, original EVERYTHING as a collector item.

So if you're actually driving your car and want a useful first aid kit, I'd strongly recommend finding a suitable pouch that fits the location and suits your tastes, and making a small kit that fits which includes at least one of the following:

Sterile nitrile gloves
Glass punch/glass breaker
Seat belt cutter
Spray disinfectant/hand sanitizer
CAT or similar tourniquet(s)
Compression bandage(s)

But having all the right stuff is worthless without training and confidence in that training.
Follow that up with professional instruction for CAT or similar tourniquet use via the Red Cross or Fire Dept etc which often organize simple 'stop the bleed' classes.
If the training provides instruction on them, occlusive bandages, NPA's, and Needle decompression supplies are all excellent items to have in a first aid 'crash' kit.

Reactions: FastTurbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the lerk was pretty bad on my part. Hello everyone, I own a USDM BPU '98 and a completely stock JDM '93. Long story short the Supra is my Elananor, you guys have no idea how much I apprehiate the response, I was desperate. My '93 car literally has everything except for the first aid kit. I've attached a picture for reference and was told it came with the JDM's. Am I mistaken?

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 JDM 5spd SZ hardtop in 202 blek.
605 Posts
That particular part number seems to be an Australian-market item only. AFAIK the JZA80 didn't come with a first aid kit in the US market or JDM. The US market got the small tool kit and tire change kit. The JDM got the same with the addition of the JAF required warning triangles and flares. If someone else knows more about the trunk accessories in the US market and Japanese market, I hope they chime in.

The current GR Supra has a first aid kit option that is virtually the same size and form factor (and is also shared among many other 2012+ Toyota models) and it might be a usable substitute if that's truly what the heart wants. Another consideration would be an older Lexus model, especially the LS400/LS430 if you want something more period correct.
I do not believe JDM cars ever got a factory optioned First Aid kit. I've seen hundreds of JDM Supra's (in Australia) and never once seen or heard someone mention a factory First Aid Kit. Now, it is entirely plausible that these were removed when exported from Japan but in saying that, legally they are required to remove the flares and I've seen a LOT of flares come through. Maybe it's worth noting but I've never seen a warning triangle either.

I've got the above mentioned (PZQ51-00020) First Aid kit in my car. It's uncanny how well it fits into the MKIV boot foam. To my knowledge it's a standard sizing and is intended for the A90 Supra (as well as others I'm sure) but fits so well into the MKIV that a lot of local dealers are now listing it for the MKIV. So, if you can get one of those from Toyota in the US that would be what I would be working too. The part numbers may be different but I'd imagine it would just be due to the contents varying slightly and different packaging.

Try this part number. PT420-00220

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much for that reply, it means a lot to me. That is really good to know. Somewhere got the first aid kit because it's in that picture, I wonder where? If anyone knows that would be great.

I also saw the newer one, but if mine did not come with it, then I'll leave it be. I do have the flare btw, and all the tools with the blue plastics around them. I spent the last two days detailing the '93 and I felt as if I took a hottub time machine back to the 90's. I've been around 100's of modified ones, it's crazy to be around a stock one.

Any other info from members would be greatly apprehaited. Cheers

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thank you so much for that reply, it means a lot to me. That is really good to know. Somewhere got the first aid kit because it's in that picture, I wonder where? If anyone knows that would be great.
No-one got that particular First Aid kit in a MKIV. I could take an identical photo of my boot and First Aid Kit and post it online but it doesn't mean it's original or was offered for a particular market. The photo you are referring too is not from the 90's. It is a generic, modern Toyota First Aid Kit shoehorned into the MKIV boot foam, photographed and sold online by some Australian Toyota dealers.

Do you have the original flare or a more modern battery powered one? If you have the original combustible one I would recommend removing it from the vehicle as they are dangerous particularly given they would be over 20 years old now.

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thank you so much for that. Good investigating bud, I didn't catch that.

Yes, I do have the original sitting inside. Took it out and looked at it yesterday. It is held on by two clips. Now that you mention it, that may not be a bad idea. Thank you for the response.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You can buy battery powered LED ones which are a great replacement. That's what they use in Japan now.

I have this one.

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

·
Registered
446 Posts
There should be an award/badge for the strong lurk. Talk to Eric at Serra Toyota in Alabama, he may be able to help. For a while he was importing items that a lot of ther dealers wouldn't bother with.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
legally they are required to remove the flares and I've seen a LOT of flares come through. Maybe it's worth noting but I've never seen a warning triangle either.
Did not know that. My CRX and one of my Beats have the factory flares in them.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Did not know that. My CRX and one of my Beats have the factory flares in them.
Depends on the country they are being imported too. Flares are strictly a no-go for cars coming into Australia. Still, they came in regularly enough for us to set a few off and run down the industrial streets like hooligans.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I carry an inexpensive road hazard kit that I believe came from the Sears auto store. Its In a bag shaped like a triangle and has one of those reflective ones that you can stand up along with jumper cables, a few tools and a modest first aid kit. I always carry basic metric tools in a soft tool caddy along with a set of used fan belts, a used timing belt, a used turbo coolant feed hose, and a used cold start injector fuel line. The used parts are stored on top of the spare tire, just in case. I also have one of those fluorescent light sticks you can plug into the cigarette lighter and a small flashlight. It's a good idea to carry one of those cigarette lighter USB ports and a cable to charge your phone.

·
Registered
2001 Nissan Altima SE
394 Posts
I think I actually have one of those first aid kits. I purchased it as an option for my 01 Lexus LS430

1 - 20 of 26 Posts