Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do mk4 seats bolt right into a mk3 or do you have to get diffrent rails?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
No they do not bolt up and you would be making a VERY big mistake by doing this. The MK4 seats are VERY uncomfortable in comparison to the MK3. They weigh nearly the same so you aren't getting much of a savings there, and they are not comfortable at ALL. Did I mention they aren't comfortable? It would not be worth the effort in my opinion.

·
I blow up Toyota's
420 Posts
Are you kidding?? MKIV seats are very comfortable. They may not be 3 feet wide like the MKIII seats but they are roomy enough for bigger people and yet they also hug you to make you feel a little more steady.

I agree that it would be a waste of time though because you could get a set of Bride's or Sparco's for the same as you could new MKIV seats.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Are you kidding?? MKIV seats are very comfortable. They may not be 3 feet wide like the MKIII seats but they are roomy enough for bigger people and yet they also hug you to make you feel a little more steady.

I agree that it would be a waste of time though because you could get a set of Bride's or Sparco's for the same as you could new MKIV seats.
No I'm not kidding. I couldn't drive more than MAYBE 100 miles in MKIV seats without having a pain in my back or legs. The seats just aren't comfortable. Even when I upgraded to Sparco Torino 2's, they were more comfortable. I'm not a small person and the MKIV seats were literally a pain in my ass.

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
MKIII seat > MKIV seat. Only reason to replace a MKIII seat with a MKIV seat is to pretend that much more that you own a MKIV.

·
function > form
512 Posts
I've done 400+ miles in a MKIII without any cramps, or even the urge to adjust. If there aren't any weight savings, I wouldn't do it.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
wait so, MKIV seats don't fit in MKIII's ???
Nope did you read what I posted? The brackets are COMPLETELY different and bolt pattern and spacing, etc is all totally different. A decent welder could fix that, but not worth the trouble considering how uncomfortable the mk4 seats are.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
just to throw a fuel on the fire here....but trent are you sure theres no decent weight savings?

i thought the mk4 seats were manual? unlike the power mk3 driver seat which weighs in at around 80-85lbs....i would think the mk4 driver seat would be a decent weight savings but ive never lifted or weighed one.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Well all i have to say is they feel a lot lighter. I've never actually weigh the two and compare but the MKIV driver seat i think is much lighter....

and yes everybody is right its a waist of time. the mkiii seat is way more comfortable. and to save weight there are other alternatives. The whole idea is just pointless....

oh and..

R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts