Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of them ever come with it from Toyota? If so with what headunit? I spoke to Chucky Doll who has been around tons and he says no. I find it hard to believe the car never came with them.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have. Darien from hardpipes has an NA from japan. It has a toyota factory rear 6 disc changer. The head unit was straight JDM. Very limited as far as radio capabilities
Basil

·
Registered
527 Posts
Standard in UK-spec Supras. A 6-disc changer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a '98 Supra and the head unit is capable of controlling a six disc changer as well a having a single disc in the dash. The head unit has a open plug in the back available to plug in a factory changer. The CD button on the face of the head unit will toggle you back and forth between the changer and the in-dash single. I had this set-up in my car. I actually have it for sale. Factory head unit, 6-disc changer and harness that is long enough to reach from the hatch to the head unit in the dash. If any interest PM me.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
Mike 92LX said:
I installed this unit from Whistlingblurs car in my stock looking car
http://www.mk3.us/mike/suprapic3.asp?DIR=&Type=2&img=7-mk4-radio-install.jpg

I am wondering if the cd changer will work on this one(95 and up headunit)?

weswork is this the same headunit you have? I will send you a PM.

Thanks guys.
Mike your head unit is from a '97, if I'm not mistaken. I looked at my '98 Supra Brochure and this is what I found:

Page 11 of Options and Accessories: " For hours of superb, uninterrupted music, consider Toyota's 3D CD (3-disc in-dash changer". Note this part "Available only on non-turbo models"

Here are the rest of the factory options for that year:

Remote Keyless Entry System
Alloy Wheel Locks
Compact Disc Deck
Front-End Mask
Front and Rear Mudguards
Gold Appearance Package
Toyota 3D CD (3-disc in-dash)

Regardless of what anyone has seen or "heard" a 6 disc changer was NOT an option for a MKIV. :)

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if my headunit will allow a Toyota CD changer to be wired into it(plugs are all the same-just would need the harness and obviouly the unit)

Reactions: Chucky Doll
1 - 10 of 10 Posts