Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a later mkii supra (84-86) with a blown engine in the area near SC/NC/Ga. Need a very good body with moderately good interior. Perfect if the car has a blown engine b/c this is going to be a 7mgte coversion project car.

Thanks for any and all help,

Mitch

·
Registered
717 Posts
ahem... me too, south eastern USA

i posted the same thing in the wanted car section, but mostly mk4's there. maybe we can get some responses here...

my father took his supra back, the only car i could afford at the time was an 83'celica... 4 cylinders guys, i'm hurting.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i dunno, you guys are supposed to be supra-doods

i was thinking about 900 for one that dont run atall with few body problems and an ok interior. does this sound like i'm asking too much for too little?

i also wouldn't mind 1300 or so for one that runs somewhat well, can have high mileage, i dont care, i just want my supra back!

what do you guys think is too much or too little for these cars?

unlike him, i dont care much about a "perfect body"

H

·
0 Posts
I was just wondering about the offer price. I have an '85 that runs well, but smokes blue (probably valve seals). It has a couple of body dings, but I have all of the replacement parts (fender and molding with dent). I'm actually trying to decide whether to dedicate resources to it and my MKIII or just sink everything into the MKIII.

·
Registered
717 Posts
what do you want for it
how's the body
auto or 5 spd
P or L type
where is the car

and i know there are some mk2 supra gurus here, what price sounds good to you all? this is only the second car i have bought...

T

·
0 Posts
Well, I'm in Texas...

I have an 83 P-type 5 spd with some problems that I am about to part with....

It has only 127K miles. It leaks oil in several places, the newest being the rear main seal. It runs fine as long as there is oil added frequently. Here are the other problems...

Dinged up right front fender
Minor body damage on right side
Sunroof motor good, but the track (the wire thing) is gone
Needs new parking brake lever
Left door lock has fell into the door panel
Sun oxidized paint
Rust on hatch and typical MKII places
Needs one rubber exhaust hanger
Valve stem seals need replaced
No A/C

Here is the good...

Interior is decent. Driver seat has a little wear and tear on the plastic parts.
New water pump.
Timing belt installed new at 110K.
Tranny only has 65K miles.
New clutch at 110K.
Two very good tires (Michelin, 8K mi), and two good tires (Falken 16K)
Aftermarket exhaust. Only a little better than stock.
Gutted cat. ;)

I don't know if your interested, but make an offer if you are. I'll be letting this go cheap.

·
Registered
717 Posts
that body souds a little more dinged up than i would like. i'm not a really good bondo/painter. it'd have to be dirt cheap...

·
Registered
717 Posts
ok guys, i have hunted everywhere locally and there are no nice body'd high mile p-type 5spd's around

i checked one out, perfect body, bad engine, and great interior. the only problem was that all the wiring had been eaten out of the engine compartment by rodents. i wish i had more electrical knowledge and i would have bougt it.

i need some help locating a cheap supra to buy $?-1400

5-Speed
P-Type(unless there is a way to transferr over the the p-type look)
Little-no rust
White/Black/Silver
Can have weak-bad motor, as i plan on rebuilding.

within 10hr drive to east tennessee

i miss my supra, and the celica, though close, just aint cutting it.

H

·
0 Posts
MKII,

If Hot_M16 passes, I'll make the same offer to you via PM.

The car is in Lawrenceville, GA (Atlanta suburb) by the way.

·
Registered
717 Posts
ok... the email address for this board has not been changed since i moved over to my latest isp.

if you pm'd me, i have always been unable to read those darned things.

i email'd you from my current email requesting the information

sorry about the mixup

also, do you have any pictures?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts