Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Did you do the motorboat?
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a shop where i can get a auto to man. tranny swap in dfw? im about to purchase the setup as soon as i can find some good cond pieces.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Im lookin for the same thing...only in jersey. Not alot of shops want to swap it for me though :rant2:

·
Registered
148 Posts
the amazing spider-man said:
Driftmotion did a great job on my auto to manual conversion, but their in cali
If you dont mind...How much was the labor...I got a price from one shop but I need something to comare it to

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,810 Posts
92Turbo said:
If you dont mind...How much was the labor...I got a price from one shop but I need something to comare it to

going through shops that dont deal with supras, i was in the same spot all u wanting auto - 5 speed, i got quotes from many shops they wanted 1800 for labor doing, auto- 5 speed and a new motor swap, 5 speed swaps are not price friendly, cause it is hard work but i got someone local to do it for pretty cheap, and i'm happy with it, good luck with u finding one that can help you guys do the swap

·
Take it!
996 Posts
92Turbo said:
PM orvacian or onebad7m on this forum...I'm sure they can beat any price for labor...guaranteed.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
92Turbo said:

I can always help and it isn't that hard.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
i wish i lived close to you guys. i would be happy to guide you through , im about to start my 5spd swap once i can afford a clutch. theirs some post's that just about walk you through the swap..

good luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
TaSe said:
I can always help and it isn't that hard.
The way it looks I will probably take you up on that offer...because I dont want to attempt it myself.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea im the same way... if i had some one who lived close to help me out with it, i would, but id rather pay the money to make sure its done right

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
lilazni3uoy said:
going through shops that dont deal with supras, i was in the same spot all u wanting auto - 5 speed, i got quotes from many shops they wanted 1800 for labor doing, auto- 5 speed and a new motor swap, 5 speed swaps are not price friendly, cause it is hard work but i got someone local to do it for pretty cheap, and i'm happy with it, good luck with u finding one that can help you guys do the swap
It isn't much more work than simply pulling the existing transmission out and putting it back in

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mayb....but what about putting the peddels in(ie. drilling the holes to place) or what about the drive shaft switch? or wiring to get your rev lights working. its the little details that im not sure about and that i would rather have someone who knew what they where doing as aposed to just "guessing"

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
5spd Swaps really aren't that hard... They are 99% bolt-up Use the TSRM if you're unsure

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sway said:
mayb....but what about putting the peddels in(ie. drilling the holes to place) or what about the drive shaft switch? or wiring to get your rev lights working. its the little details that im not sure about and that i would rather have someone who knew what they where doing as aposed to just "guessing"
You don't need to drill anything in terms of peddels...the holes are already there from the factory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts