Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any ideas who might make some good cams for the 7m? I checked all over the forums and found nothing, so, I thought I'd ask myself. I heard blitz made some, but I can't find them on the website, and what degrees do you think is the best?

Deep_Blue

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there any significant differences between cams made for the 7mgte and the 7mge? I can't really think of any reason why there would be off the top of my head, but better safe then sorry, right?

Deep_Blue

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Yeah, one of the 7M-GE cams has longer duration... I think... which, as shown by a dyno, improved HP in one man's case by 10hp (though he was accused of having worn turbo cams to begin with).

There are companies that regrind camshafts but people usually backed out because they'd have to shim the valves up to be a lot taller and there's a risk of having the shims knocked off if the bucket type isn't used.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
im getting some regrinds soon, im also getting the mr 2 bucket shims out of fear of having a shim ripped off from the high lift... Ill let you know how it goes when i get around to installing htem

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SuprAng said:
im getting some regrinds soon, im also getting the mr 2 bucket shims out of fear of having a shim ripped off from the high lift... Ill let you know how it goes when i get around to installing htem
Yeah, definitely let me know how that goes for you. I honestly didn't think that putting in new cams would be very complicated, what with how easy they are to access. But what brand are yours?

Deep_Blue

·
Registered
144 Posts
coming from my back ground in dsms 264 and 272 cams were the best cams making power has anyone tried these ina 7mgte yet?

Bill
jeazus those toda cams are expensive!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
they are jun specs, something like 11mm of lift, 272 duration getting htem doen for 300 cad total :)... Shimming is a bitch with regrinds, thats why ill just fork over the cash for the bucket shims, ill try and find a link to what i m talking about.

·
664 rwhp / 590 rwtqe
1,868 Posts
MotoFool said:
coming from my back ground in dsms 264 and 272 cams were the best cams making power has anyone tried these ina 7mgte yet?

Bill
jeazus those toda cams are expensive!
Yes, I have Blitz 264/272 combo.

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
I was thinking of having copies made of my HKS 264 deg camshafts 7.9mm lift if there is interest depending on price.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hmm interesting I have a pair of HKS cams I am yet to install, 264 duration but 8.1mm lift, do you have the dial in specs for them by any chance??
I was thinking of having copies made of my HKS 264 deg camshafts 7.9mm lift if there is interest depending on price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts