Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got the first one in today. I had 4 more of the old exhaust housings re machined to adapt to the new BB center section. I have 25 of the new desinged housings on order and are due to Arrive the 2nd week in July!

The turbo pictured is the old style housing which I have one 61mm on hand and one 67mm due to arrive in the next day or so.
Both Turbos right now have the "E" Cover which means that it is the same cover that the old SP61gt had, 3" in 2" out. Let me know what cover you want and I can add that to the order.
SP61gtBB
The cost for the bolt on Turbo is $1400
Oil and Water Lines $275
Polish Compressor Housing $75
Heat coat Exhaust housing $75
SP67gtBB
Cost for the bolt on Turbo $1475
Oil and Water Lines $225
Polish Compressor Housing $75
Heat coat Exhaust housing $75

Both Turbos come standard with a 15 PSI Internal WG
Add $70 for the 7PSI version

Pic next to a GT4202RLS

Thanks,
[email protected]

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
very nice units.
i cant wait till joe (mkIIIna) get his so i can see it up close.
-sean

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
just give them some time, SP is developing some turbo options for the 1j as well.

~scott

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
so, characteristics/hp/spool time for these turbos?

<l><l>

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Hey tim... soo, this is awesome. my friend from indiana was roommates w/ a guy who works for a certain Turbo retailer/builder in indiana, near the Valparasio area. is that where these new 61's came from?

if so, are these people able to whip up a turbo w/ this servicable cartridge using a 67mm cold side and a small T4 hotside... like in the .58 area?

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
I kept the same configuration as the Journal bearing turbo... So it can only get better with the BB turbo.
oh hey... btw, i was blowin up your cell for a while last week.. a few days after your accident. i would have left you a msg but your voicemail was full. i still want to pick up that -4 to 12mm x 1.25 block adaptor. also, my 4 bolt flange is 4.5" measured diagonally from bolt hole OD to bolt hole OD, not center to center. my bolts are 8mm diameter IIRC.

hope your foot is feelin better!

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flubyux2 said:
Hey tim... soo, this is awesome. my friend from indiana was roommates w/ a guy who works for a certain Turbo retailer/builder in indiana, near the Valparasio area. is that where these new 61's came from?

if so, are these people able to whip up a turbo w/ this servicable cartridge using a 67mm cold side and a small T4 hotside... like in the .58 area?
I can get the 67mmbb in a t4 on center housing in .69 or .85

and yes you are correct we get our turbos from PTE.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
for some reason, i think a 67mm turbo w/ a .69 T4 housing on a 1jz is not going to spool till somewhere near 4600rpm. is there any way to get a 67mm turbo a Liiiiiiittle smaller onthe hotside?

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
flubyux2 said:
oh hey... btw, i was blowin up your cell for a while last week.. a few days after your accident. i would have left you a msg but your voicemail was full. i still want to pick up that -4 to 12mm x 1.25 block adaptor. also, my 4 bolt flange is 4.5" measured diagonally from bolt hole OD to bolt hole OD, not center to center. my bolts are 8mm diameter IIRC.

hope your foot is feelin better!
I am back at the shop now and my foot is much better after all the corizone shots the stuck in it!

I have your adapter here. Take a pic of the exhaust housing you need a flange for and I will see if I got one. otherwise i will have to make you one up. hit up my cell tomorrow (Wednesday) so i can get some payment info from ya and get that shipped out.

[email protected]

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
flubyux2 said:
for some reason, i think a 67mm turbo w/ a .69 T4 housing on a 1jz is not going to spool till somewhere near 4600rpm. is there any way to get a 67mm turbo a Liiiiiiittle smaller onthe hotside?

I was looking at all of the BB turbos and the lowest I can get is a .69

But really.... why would you want much smaller than that? the whole idea of these turbos is to quicken the spool.

On with the talk about the SP61gtbb for the 7m!!!

I will make a post in the 1j section when I finish my budget kit for you guys!

[email protected]

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
ok... heres the pic you requested

ill talk to ya about the 1j stuff when you post up about it. ill give you a call tomm afternoon.

i remember you said you wanted to get this turbo on your car? has anything come of that yet?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
send it on out tim and ill get you some dyno numbers! :) i know a few dfw guys are sick of me saying what a bad ass turbo this is going to be!

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
MKIIINA said:
send it on out tim and ill get you some dyno numbers! :) i know a few dfw guys are sick of me saying what a bad ass turbo this is going to be!

not me!! i cant to see it and see if i like it because i need to make my mind up which turbo i want to go with.
i cant wait joe, CANT!! lol.
-sean

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
MKIIINA said:
Yeah Tim ... send it out to Joe .. I need it .. hehe his car has been sitting at my shop for a while now and I needs to get it up and going.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Woohoo Pictures :)

Tim cant wait for it to Arrive in AussieLand !!!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive heard that BB turbos spool faster. How much faster would a BB spool as opposed to a conventional bearing turbo of this same size?

1 - 20 of 124 Posts